LOW'N'SLOWs mk2 2door

d.p.n.s

Fucking mean, 2l FE engine. Underrated to hell those things are, I know a guy with one rocking a TD06, Link computer and 200,000km + stock internals. They're built like reciprocating brick shithouses.

ahhh, I think that's an 1800 bp rocker cover. which will be going onto a bpt from a gtx. I could well be wrong tho, and if I am then the info I gave you isn't going to be much help....

Are the 1800 and 1600 rocker covers not the same :oops: ? Yup was planning on going 1600 BPT from a gtx, with mx5 box. Perhaps i could just run a bp engine seeing as i will probably be getting a custom manifold anyways? Dono im newb as

Keen on feedback / advice / useful links for :idea: ideas :idea:

Cheers oldschoolers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You prob dont need a custom manifold. The standard one will most likely come out one side (unsure of which, it used to be in the front) and then go straight under the engine. Depending on how much of it is cast will depend on weather you can use it or not. Youll prob be able to make it work to start with..

Only thing you will need to change is possiably the sump.

V2 STi TD05 is the one to go for.

Do you know what flange that is?

Subaru 3 point/triangle same as the IHI's etc.

But its easy enough to make an adapter plate to suit the Mitsi style flange -I know a few Subi owners who have made them to suit square flange turbo onto the Subi's triangle manifold.

i think iv read of tdo5 subaru legacy ones bolting straight on?

Some of them will be garret TD series and some will be IHI turbos. If you are to upgrade you really want the Garret TD05 as it is a mint as turbo. If the one of the subies does have a TD05 with a VH/VF flange then that will be the one worth hunting down as it will bolt straight on. As Hell says it is the V2 STi TD05 turbo. That will bolt on.

Dont expect it to be cheap nor that easy to get a hold of.

Yeah I looked at the cam cover and immediately thought FE which = 2l from cars mentioned by Hellraizer.

I would roll a 2l. I think you can use FC RX7 gearboxes but don't quote me.

Yeah I know someone who has turbed one of these and made good power.

But

The whole point of this build is cheap and minimal fabrication/aftermarket parts to get going. The FE would be mostly custom id guess especially to go turbo

You prob dont need a custom manifold. The standard one will most likely come out one side (unsure of which, it used to be in the front) and then go straight under the engine. Depending on how much of it is cast will depend on weather you can use it or not. Youll prob be able to make it work to start with..

Only thing you will need to change is possiably the sump.

Yup yup deff no problems making the std one work from what iv looked at just seen a few cool custom ones on the old TM :D

^^^ This is prob something to look at down the track anyways. Std turbs/engine/everything will/can workor be made to work to start with.. Really you need the engine and then decide what we need to do to make it fit.

More importantly research the gbox conversion to make sure it is bolt on. Find out what clutch and flywheel combo to use to make it work etc. Before you do this you need to decide weather you want to go 1600 or 1800 and the avaliability of each and prices etc.

edit:

manifolds on trademe will be for FWD applications so may or may not be usefull.

If you mean onto the BPT etc thats not quite true, you use the intake from a Legacy RS VF8 and the exhaust halve of the Mazda's VJ20 (I think its 20)

Oh yup yup yup choice, wouldnt be to hard to weld on a diff flange would it? hell i dono anything about setiing up chur boes etc will all be a learning curve :D

Gaz 1800 it is then? :D

the 1600 turbo is a b6t from a early gtx.

the bpt is an 1800 turbo from a late model gtx. Completely different engines.

My pick would be the 1800 more power from the get go a bigger scope to boost it up.

The mx-5 gearbox bolts straight on and you use the flywheel clutch and p/p from the gtx.

Its not to hard to change the flange but because it will be a cast manifold we would'nt do it ourselfs. Get either the pinga to do or Johhny, one of those two will be able to weld cast.

Id run the 1800BPT but purely for the extra power and lower k's it would have. I hav'nt looked into it at all so dont know, it may be alot more $$$ to start. The 1600B6T do go well. You may find the mounts are the same and you want to start with a cheap 1600 then work up to the 1800 or even the GTR 2l.

Im getting confused now lol

The GTX should have a IHI VJ20 turbo

BMFR shoud have a VJ6/VJ12/VJ13/VJ14 (oldest to newest, all about the same size)

Legacy's normally didn't have the TD0* turbos, thats the early WRX/STi's

Legacy's have a VF8 in the RS models and VF10's in GT's 8>10, some GT wagons had VF11s.

(IHI numbers in the VF range get smaller as the turbo gets bigger, ie VF8 is bigger than VF10)

ALL Subaru's have the 3 bolt triangle flange that is AFAIK unique to Subaru.

If you mean onto the BPT etc thats not quite true, you use the intake from a Legacy RS VF8 and the exhaust halve of the Mazda's VJ20 (I think its 20)

Oh yup yup yup choice, wouldnt be to hard to weld on a diff flange would it? hell i dono anything about setiing up chur boes etc will all be a learning curve :D

Gaz 1800 it is then? :D

It is simple enough to make an adapter plate to go between the manifold and the turbo, but if your going to need a custom mani just have it made to fit what you want to run.

the GTR came out with a 1800 as well just with stronger internals, they called it the BPD. but I wouldnt bother trying to find one of them, people want moonbeams for them.

The mx-5 came out with a b6 engine so the box would bolt up as well. All mazda b engines will work.

EDIT: fuck it is hard to get a post in here. :lol: there is so many ppl posting at once