Lost lock nut key..

penco

if it the oldschool round type with a coverleaf like pattern in the middle - hammer a 21-22mm impact socket on it and undo - then smack the locknut out of the socket in a vice..

I rounded my locknut key so it was just as good as lost. Did the above an it worked a treat

Did the same myself after a day off stuffing around :evil: I found and easy way it's simalar the the socket idea. I got a pice of old water pipe with an id a bit smaller than the lock nut drilled a hole near one end for a big screw driver or bar hack sawed two cross cuts in the other end and flared the pipe a bit with a cresent. I then smaked it on the lock nut with a hammer then undone the nut slowly but very firmly, it worked a treat 8) did two this way.

Then buy new lock nuts and never do them up too tight (preferably use a torque wrench) and if ya getting new tyres take the lock nuts of your self and put standard one back on so no one else stuffs them up for ya

Good Luck