Angle Grinder cam job!

arsnik

What kind of engine is it?

Stuff doing it on anything more than a single cylinder, you'd never get any of the lobes the same.

Crackup though, I definately see the funny side of angle grinding cams, do it for us :twisted:

thats what its about. none of the lobes will be within 2mm of each other. if it never runs again ill give it to a mate or take to the tip. not think of it again. though ill try it again on a single in a few months.

its a hunk of shit gsx400x impulse, 400cc 4cylinder DOHC but with shitty twin port carbs. weak point on the bike. until 170-180 when coils show there weak shitty bits that should be on hyobag

i have another running impulse to compare it to if it does go (badly)

bike motor will pritty much have max lift already

better to just weld the ramps and get the duration up there in saying that .....a high reving bike already has some good duration

better to just weld the ramps and get the duration up there in saying that .....a high reving bike already has some good duration

Not that high revving and doesnt pull well over 12k. But thats probably more that the air box doesnt seal on the carb. Even with duct tape and silicone.

Technically I dont mind sacrificing the bottom end pull for more theoretical top end pull,

realistically I dont mind destroying the bike.

It was a free.

I will take photos of the cam lobe weld an hack job for your viewing lols

Not that high revving and doesnt pull well over 12k. But thats probably more that the air box doesnt seal on the carb. Even with duct tape and silicone.

Technically I dont mind sacrificing the bottom end pull for more theoretical top end pull,

realistically I dont mind destroying the bike.

It was a free.

I will take photos of the cam lobe weld an hack job for your viewing lols

you dont really understand how a camshaft works do you

what changing duration and lift will do or what dialing the lob centers will do

• 1 year later...
Hahaha, did you try it Mike?

G clamped them to bench an hit them with flapper disc, didnt really take much off but went like shit an developed a spluttery rev 4-5k.

its prob a "mod" for old shit SOHC derby cars, once they have been derby'd. but entertainment was had an thats all i was after.