xafordgod's Falcons

V8Pete

RScort Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:44 am

Compared to the 351 in the GT, what does the 302 in the fairmont go like?

The 302 goes quite well really. Havent lined them both up but the GT would have it over the fairmont but it would be close. If you want serious power tho, my 460 ( 7.6 ltr ) does the job.

Cheers.

CUL8R Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:20 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahha! You're the one and the same from trademe right , in Rangiora?

Got some nice cars there man, esp the coupe.

You collect/read AMC (australian muscle car magazine) too?

Yep thats me.

Yea the falcon 2 doors are getting hard to find now mate. If fact any old school car is getting harder to find.

Yep Im into AMC magazine. Good magazine to read.

Cheers.

Guest sexychevette

My uncle used to have a big white one like your big blue one. We used to call it the dinosaur. It had snow tigre skin seat covers. meanest car ever. Sold it when i was 8. Always tell him hes an idiot cos i would of so loved to own it. my grandfather owned it from new.

You got any matt black coupes? love the purple one aye

Bloody nice collection mate, a mate of mine when i lived in oz always wanted an XA Hardtop so we took him down to Parramatta and he jumped in one and bang his head hit the roof.... had something to do with him being 6'8" lol... he was so gutted!

Anyway hope ya enjoy ya self and maybe Ill see ya about canty.

Bloody nice collection mate, a mate of mine when i lived in oz always wanted an XA Hardtop so we took him down to Parramatta and he jumped in one and bang his head hit the roof.... had something to do with him being 6'8" lol... he was so gutted!

Cheers mate,

The torana looks good mate. fast wee cars they are. Mate of mine has a 2door LJ with worked 186 and 5 spd and thats a pretty impressive wee car. You can see why they outhandled the big heavy falcon coupes at bathurst. Still the big 351 had the grunt....lol....down conrod. Amagine if the supercar scare didnt can those supercars then and the phase 4 and the xu-2 was produced, now that would be fast.

So your mate in aussie that was 6'8", did he end up with just a sedan...lol?

Cheers,

Brendon

Cheers mate,

The torana looks good mate. fast wee cars they are. Mate of mine has a 2door LJ with worked 186 and 5 spd and thats a pretty impressive wee car. You can see why they outhandled the big heavy falcon coupes at bathurst. Still the big 351 had the grunt....lol....down conrod. Amagine if the supercar scare didnt can those supercars then and the phase 4 and the xu-2 was produced, now that would be fast.

So your mate in aussie that was 6'8", did he end up with just a sedan...lol?

Cheers,

Brendon

you guessed it, he had to stick with his 4-door. Yea I loved the Ford vs Holden days of old, when the race started ya went to each camp and cheered your mate and when the chequered dropped you all got on the piss and had a BBQ. Imagine Ambrose and Murphy sitting at the same table :P

• 1 month later...

Yo Brendon, putting the finishing touches now on my XA and 302W, but my drivers side extractor hits the gear linkage. Its not by to much, but its enough so that it wont line up. I think i will get a new linkage made, just the bar from where it bolts onto the chassis rail to slots in on the gbox.

Is the 6 cylinder link the same as what all the V8s used? And is your ute certed or do you have to go through that process?