mutiny

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he he he, have fun :lol:

Hmmmmm yes have fun indeed :badgrin:

I got 255hp @ wheels 8psi 13BT in my blue 1200 Dato , running the hardcore 155/80/12 tires LOL

So yeah 1st 2nd 3rd are all wheel spin at over 100kph , and yes passengers tend to fear for there lives when its pulling sideways in 3rd gear at 100kph plus = good times , well till you have to go around a corner that is LOL

So yep, looking at your car and know how much HP its got = :badgrin: good times ahead for you !!!

• 3 weeks later...

yea carter 4070

the terminals on them are a bit shitty though, i popped one off drving the other night and ran my surge tank dry :shock:

luckily i wasnt boosting heavy or anything

ive just got the carter feeding the surge and a bosch 910 after that to feed the rail

you could use an intank pump but it would be a bit of a paint to set it up, plus ud need baffles etc in the tank to stop it starving

yea carter 4070

the terminals on them are a bit shitty though, i popped one off drving the other night and ran my surge tank dry :shock:

luckily i wasnt boosting heavy or anything

ive just got the carter feeding the surge and a bosch 910 after that to feed the rail

you could use an intank pump but it would be a bit of a paint to set it up, plus ud need baffles etc in the tank to stop it starving

True story i taped mine up so they wouldnt pop off, worked sweet as

not sure on that one

when i took my 1200c tank off to get larger outlets put on it it definately had some baffling in it,i know cos someone had previoulsy drop bolts in there and they were a cunt to ge out, how effective it is im not sure but i wouldnt be relying on that only to stop surging

in other exciting news i installed my hilux lsd head today, which has stopped the awful noises coming from the locker i had, no idea how it skids tho as only took it for a quick drive round the block

also got a panelbeater mate to take to my rear inner guards so no more tyre rubbage

am going to try and get it in for cert this week, although i still think its probly too low in the rear so will have to raise it but will c what cert man says

hopefully thats all i will get knocked back on

most injected cars should have baffling a bit better than carb tanks - although I wouldn't be surprised if the baffling in the GSR EX Lancer was only slightly better than a carb EX Lancer - the tank in my Eterna doesn't seem to have the best baffling either.

have you had a look at the pics of my fuel setup?

i got that, my battery over the other side like where yours is and still heaps of boot space left

yea finally got a set of springs, im actually guna try get cert with the ones ive got in there but im doubting my chances, so have these all set to get made the height ill need

hopefully thats all ill get knocked back on

car needs to be lower than what i think ill be allowed but ive got to realise that with big hp now i cant have the thing with fuckall travel otherwise itl end badly eventually

x2 for silly not too have surge tank, as soon as you try to swing some full sik hellies your guna regret not having one, are you building the car to nanna it? :lol:

you also run into problems as the main pump isnt designed to pull fuel out of the tank it needs to be positively fed which is whay the surge tank does

youll kill the main pump quicksmart making it pull fuel

fuck ur engine bay must be tight macabre, ive got fuckall room as it is without adding fuel pumps and a surge tank in there

o by the way i passed cert first time up, fucking bang!

springs can stay for now then :lol:

Good shit man! Would love to see a video of it in action. Same as Macabre, id love to see your car in action (Other then the taupo runs. Some skids maybe) :)

The tank i have was out of a EFI Lancer, which originally used an external fuel pump to pull fuel. Im using a Bosch 910. You dont think thats a safe way?

x2 for silly not too have surge tank, as soon as you try to swing some full sik hellies your guna regret not having one, are you building the car to nanna it? :lol:

you also run into problems as the main pump isnt designed to pull fuel out of the tank it needs to be positively fed which is whay the surge tank does

youll kill the main pump quicksmart making it pull fuel

fuck ur engine bay must be tight macabre, ive got fuckall room as it is without adding fuel pumps and a surge tank in there

o by the way i passed cert first time up, fucking bang!

springs can stay for now then :lol:

first pop aye, bit flash!

• 4 weeks later...

ok no piccy update

car has been on the back burner the last month as my old man passed away suddenly :?

my cert plate finally turned up today after a bit of a mess around from wayne, gotta expect that :lol:

unfortunately my heater unit has also decided to start leaking, i found a nice big puddle on my passenger footwell, id say from my sweet firewall mods to fit the motor (bfh ftw!!)

so i think for summer im just guna bypass it then rip it out after and get the core fixed up, fit some new carpet and maybe try get a better dash or get mine recovered

my front struts are out again aswell :x trying to fix up my height/spring rate/captivity problem, so its actually certd about 20mm higher in the front than it will be hopefully that doesnt cause me to many issues with the popo