engine mounts

Mr dori

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about solid ally bushes? ive seen i !uz rev with a coin on the top and it didnt move, wonder if theyd be savage or not!?

seen a JZ with a coin on top to smooth as fuck but still rips the mounts when doing skids.

Edit: oh an unclejake its custom mounts to get th v8 in his soarer so there is no factory mounts realy but urethane mount would be the go

noone will ever know if you leave the gbox mount rubber, it makes the car 100% more pleasant then having all mounts solid.

(not technically legal but will go over cert, vtnz. 100% safe. anyone saying otherwise hasnt done it.)

benifits include no exhaust flexi joint needed, minimal exhaust/body clearances, solid exhaust hangers mean you can drop the gearbox and the motor doesnt need supporting, etc.

benifits include no exhaust flexi joint needed, minimal exhaust/body clearances, solid exhaust hangers mean you can drop the gearbox and the motor doesnt need supporting, etc.

dude unless your fwd who runs a flexi joint??

Subaru

I have been told that solid mounted motor = stuff falls off car due to vibration transmitted into shell rattling everything loose.

I haven't tried it myself though.

yah yah, heard that too. pretty obvious though. i mean check somehting like this

, could you imagine if that was full solid mount....fuck that shit.

dude unless your fwd who runs a flexi joint??

i needed to quickly add some substance to my benifits list, it was the first one that came to mind 8) mines a ported rotary, the only real diffirece was the dash got a bit rattlyer. compared to the hard suspension/spherical bearing strut tops etc your likely to be using in a car that does such cranking skids that it tears mount rubbers its un noticible.

does that garage dori one have a rubber/lolathane isolator or 'just' a rod end?

• Like 1

Mounting an engine on a spherical bearing (rose joint) seems like a waste of a bearing. I can't quite see the logic in locating the engine with something that is designed to move but can't because of the way it is being used.

Did I miss something?.

Edit - I guess it would be good to allow for errors in the mount fabrication that result in the mounts not aligning to the crossmember