extractor for 1uz V8

Mr dori

hey, im gana have to start making extractors soon, just wondering how importent the design is gana have to be, basically im really short of room around steering shaft, so not gana be able to make real equal lengh jobbies.

Shall i just keep em to the closest i can?

Aren't they all real crappy logs?(think theres more than 3 if you count the real new stuff). Ive got a few pics of some in cressidas etc where its real tight will try and find them. Equal length is ideal but in reality anything is better than the stockers. Also 8 throttle bodies please

1uz_3.jpg

yea man, ITB would rule on a V8, but pretty keen to just have it going for now!!

yea i seen some made and it dosent look look you be able to actually remove them!

Ohwell will let yous know what i come up with,

i have the factory ones but it dosnt look like ill even fit those, i have the big type ones, better than crappy log stz

^ I agree with you there on some engines have quite decent cast manifolds but the 1uz ones are literally a log. Pretty sure theres dyno results on the soarer forums of pretty crappy extractors giving gains. Anyway havn't found those pics yet but will keep looking

Standard logs are hideous! I had the same problem couldnt even fit the engine in with standard mainifold as sits on steering box/chassis rails etc etc, good thing is you can take headers pretty close to whatever you want as these engines dont move around much at all.

Standard logs are hideous! I had the same problem couldnt even fit the engine in with standard mainifold as sits on steering box/chassis rails etc etc, good thing is you can take headers pretty close to whatever you want as these engines dont move around much at all.

+1 to 'log manifolds are shit'.

With a V8, go for a 4-1 design. You cant get the same pulse matching type effect going on, because the firing sequence on each bank doesnt go 1..2..3..4..

It goes 12......34......12 etc etc.

Which is why you dont get gains as effectively as with an inline 4.

Haha good one :P

Yeah that would be the way to go if you had room over top of your gearbox, but uuuuhhhh...... 99.999999999999999% of cars with 1UZs in them dont. :P

Seriously though, thats a badass looking exhaust system! what's it from?