SHORTENED SHOCKS FOR KE30, or 36 etc

TOYOPET

Hey, need some help with shocks for my ke36...

I've got Super low king springs that have been compressed 1.5 inches, now i just need some new shocks to go with.

I did get some gt4 celica fronts but they are too fat to fit inside the strut... but were pretty much the right length.

What have other people used??? and what can you recommend???

any help appreciated, i need this sorted before next weekend!!!

thanks heaps

Oh, can I buy your gt4 ones? lol

What about ae86 inserts? When I had my tt141 corona it looked like these might work. Otherwise go to autolign in frankton and have a yarn to them about what might fit. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to help you out and the prices can be real good too.

oh yup... you can buy the gt4 ones off me if i dont get my money back at supercheap... fuck having a $200 credit there!!! hahahaha...

last time i went to autolign i asked for shortened shocks and they gave me just the standy monroes that i have now that are compltly rooted!!!

dont quote me on this,

but quite often KE70's use AE86 struts to lower, Why not just change over to an ae86 strut? im not sure if its bolt in or not.

just an idea i had after my expensive (free) liquid (tequila) lunch (err... lunch).

yeah and considering ive only got 2 weeks to get my car sorted before nats id rather just find some shocks that are going to fit sweet and put my car back together and check for anything else i need to sort out before then.

lol yea... im in the same boat dont worry. i have an empty engine bay and i havent even started taking shocks out for lowering yet!

forget i said anything about ae86 shocks. WDE_BDY would know more than i do when it comes to KE's

jesus where did the rear come theres a million easy options for that and its leaf sprung so its fine as is. front has a 38.? shock but the outside body is over 51mm so I thought the GT4's would piss in, but no. from the trd measurement site there is ep & kp starlet shocks and some kind of ae shocks that fit and are short but they dont tie to exact models. Need some GC who has a decent catalog as all the net ones lack measurements