nobumps' Isuzu B-Boy

zep

Good to see this went to someone on the forums!

I was thinking, maybe you could just flag the pushrod engine altogther and put in a G161z SOHC, I rekcon it'd bolt in pretty easily and it'd save a whole lot of drama when looking for parts.

Keeep us updated tho!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I used to use G161 head gaskets in G150s (OHV varieties) – that’s 82mm vs 79mm bore.

You could try talking to that guy ^ here:

http://workshopmanual.org/twincam/index.php

Thats the site for G200W, the twincam pizza motor I tired putting in the chevette. Its the only info I can find on bellet G150 stuff.

But yeah, from those pictures it doesn't look like it would work with the push rods and shit.

Sweet deals. What I think is that the headgasket you have there is from a G161Z and I'm beginning to think that they are an entirely different engine to a straight G161?

But if they have a G161 at bowdens then try there and see if it looks similar at all.

I talked to chris bowden about this he said he sold a g161 gasket to a guy claiming to fit it to a g150! So i sent away a photo of mine and he came back saying it could be the same as a aj150? just has bigger bore. as for the printout of the g161? or g161z? ive been asured many times that this is not going to work maybe he is missing something or its coming up with the wrong code but if it is a g161z its a massive difference from what mine is, looking at the oil and water galleries surley they didnt change it this much between models? i dont know, first time i have ever dealt with this type of engine varierty. Even if i find something that is the same its going to have a bigger bore size which is still a problem as i have corrosion from the water gallery and this might not seal as there is a very fine line from where the original one sits so i think the best optoin apart from repower is to just bite the bullit and send it to gaskets unlimited.

then it will be bad ass