badnewzess's B1600 ute of 1975 Vintage

Seedy Al

Mate, cool utes these.

I have one, 1972, wellside, bought it as aproject a year or two ago,

Mine is a well side though.

If you need parts, horopito motors has about 6 of these, also so does Dangers friends.

Good luck with it man, they are king!

Allan

(sorry, I am a little drunk, so me making sense is not likely)

Howdy thanks, most of the pars ill need i have got but i do want the front end off a 75 eg grille light surrounds and bumper, i also need the bellhousing out of a courier or ecconovan fitted with the 2 lt fe engine so i can mate the FE3 to the factory running gear,

The FE3 is a twin cam 2lt motor out of mid 90's telstars and 626s make around 160hp in factory form,

i plan on retriming the interoir fully with black and burgandy vinal, with a custom audio install,

i thought about a well deck but i went with a flat deck as i want to put my bikes on there,

best part is there is little to no rust in the boddy and chassis and it only cost me 200 from the wreckers

The FE3 is a twin cam 2lt motor out of mid 90's telstars and 626s make around 160hp in factory form,

Awesome, I was hoping you were going to say that!

best part is there is little to no rust in the boddy and chassis and it only cost me 200 from the wreckers

Thats a wicked score aswell. I'm not sure why vehicles like this end up at the wreckers in the first place. Lazy bastards.

oh, dont get me wrong, I love flat decks too, just look for my previuos prject thread for my Datsun 620 ute.

Cut down decks are wicked with some real nice polished wood of some sort. The intoeroir of mine is just back with black carpet. suits it really well. and these havea wicked dash and speedo.!

So you going to keep it purple from what you just said then?

Allan

yeop i like the purple under street lights it looks uber good and with the 15X7 polished rims looks agro,

as for the deck i will prob go with ply as i still want to use it as a ute as i doin a bit oftrailriding and i got a 4 month old son so he will be riding soon to

cheers the FE3 shouldnt be to hard to wire up remeber iown i a 00zx aso i have sen some complicated setups lol, for the mean time and for moving it around im gonna slap in my Fe single cam motore that i worked the crap out of when i done up my old telstar, has the useaul lumpy cam, port polish new valves and uprated springs raizd compression and better ignition and carby will do till i find a decent FE3 bell housing

it will be a slow project as i do run 2 gas guzzlers but yeah what good toy is not,

and if ya can find me a bellhousing and a price dunedin aint far away only 2 hrs