CSL cams

Ogre

that last simble is a weird U thing
If it's a u with a long tail below the line at the beginning, it's the greek letter mu, used normally to stand for micro, or a thousandth. Can't help you with the rest, I'm just an old git who had to learn things like that at school.

Must've been pissed when I wrote that. Micro is a millionth, not a thousandth.

csl cams is in palmerston north - do mostly race engines for stockcars but do everything.

usually lift is measured in thou of inchs so the number is most likely the lift in thou especially since it has the micro symbol after the number, ie a standard cam that has been reground or a standard lift new cam from csl - cam specs for standard cam will be on net sumwhere

Ya tis a regrind as its got the 3 stamped into the back of it that all the mitsus have.I thin theres about 4 diff cams that mitsi used int he 4g63s.Pretty sure the 3 cam is the best to start with.

Cant find shit all bout standard cam specs, but seems that 384-388thou of lift is a 3/4 race cam.Surely the duration etc must have a massive effect to eh?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok sent an email for a spec of the cams.Didnt give me as much info i wanted but yeah.Went and talked to gman,He seemed to like it and told me i need sidedrafts.No suprsie there.

290 Duration - Tappets IN .008" - EX .010" - Set Intake lobe at 108 deg ATDC

Ive replied and asked for the lift etc or i will mash them.

Anyone explain this a tad for me?chur

Tappets in/ex are obviously what to set tappets at, "set intake lobe" will most likely be what you use to time in cam in. 290 duration will be lumpy as, it will sound badass as. fast road ---> race pretty much

Head mods + sideys/decent extractors & exhaust and you'll one fairly badass engine going. Might pay to get uprated valve springs though if you wanna rev it hard.. should make power to 7500ish with that cam.. will need the other mods to get that power up there

You can set your cam timing different to what they tell you, advanced brings more power in low and retarding cam timing will give better top end, wouldn't change it too much off what they say though.. say 3-4deg either way