pillar rust

mark105

this isnt for my wagon but for my old corolla which im selling. as im selling it i just wanna do a quick fix and get rid of her so whats best thing to do? its got 1 mini hole and the rest is surface. whats the delio with pillars and bog?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously, just kill rust, bang it in with a hammer, nutec over top, sand smooth repaint etc.. who cant say they havent bought an oldschool car with this standard of job done to it by the previous owner? ive sure had suprises, what goes around, comes around i say. i like buying a car with unrepaired rust, so i can fix it properly myself, once.

^ I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't do that shit mentioned above. Sure you could get more money for it by covering over the holes, painting it a pretty colour and getting it a dodgy wof. But I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a large amount of money from a young fella, for a car thats completely screwed.

Not only screwed too. Big lumps of bog and nutec in the parts that are screwed so it makes it very difficult to un screw it!

I feel its getting to the point where that type of stuff is only found in the more common oldschoolers anyway. Esky's, Cortinas' Rollas, Starly's and so its pretty obvious what to steer clear of.

yeh must admit bens ke25 corolla is the biggest pile of bog i have ever seen and so much of the rust has come back and it looks to be all done using the above method. i should prolly take it to a panel shop and see if they can just pop a bitta mig over it, the hole is seriously so small it take 10 seconds to do. that or just sell it with it and get fk all for it.

i bogged my old delta continuously for about a year (poor student etc). had rust in the a-pillar and wing. passed wofs every time. last time i had done it i sprayed it a brighter white than the car.. just got a comment on the wof sheet "recent accident repair" or some shit :P