nvmy25's ke26

thminiman

• 2 weeks later...

got the 26 back from the paint shop and it needs a panel and paint again

i basically gave them 3000 to get monkeys to bif paint at cars it is absolutly shit that im going to take them to court it looks like its been painted on wit a paint brush and it has runs through it im taking picks to take to 3 differnet panel beaters and gt them to say what they think the job is worth and all that crap im so fukt off im going to sand down a brand new paint job and just make it mint my self with some help of some experiencd mates any advice in painting also dont use big words im not to familier with painting

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6951

Check out that paint thread ans ask questions there if you need anything, we have someone who is a spraypainter for a living willing to help out, as well as a few other guys who have experience.

Thats fucking weird that a proper paint shop would do that?, sounds dodgey as

thank you i would appreciate any help i can get the photos i have dont show up the problem areas but i will sort that out later and post pics i have been in contact with the painter today and he is coming down tomoro to asses the paint job.ill up load pics now

Pictures don't really show up the bad points, although it does look a bit rough

Maybe a cut and polish is what it needs, then you can eliminate runs and bad finish. Theres a saying, "A paint job is only as good as its prep" so maybe thats an issue..

Camo is shit anyway, paint the whole thing black.. lose the modgies and get some mean dished wheels. <-- Just my opinion anyway :wink:

hmmmm, i take it the "camo" has been painted on??....in which case,why.

it's far more practical to use a sticker/vynal.

BTW,did the 'paint shop' disassemble the car or did you?.

generally if it was a stripped shell they'l paint it,and let you take it home to re-assemble it.

then ask you to bring it back in so they can go over the panels&check for any marks or imperfections.fix them up,polish the car and finish the paper work

Nah that looks like vinyl has been used to me. Can see the colour change etc. Either that or a weird arse way of painting it.

Anyway, I like it. Different to the other styles and even different to the other camos which I don't usually rate. The black roof looks quite cool aswell, I just don't like how the boot line has been done, but I know ya don't have a lot of options with continuing the black along there.

i have found a rust hole which has been missed by the panel beater it hasnt evern been painted underneath the rear bumper painter said he would look at it today but no show apperently he went dirt biking or summing i can get a gloss black job done for 250$ ill just have to buy the paint and sand it back this time im going to give the painter a spare valance and get him to show me what he can do if its good he can continue with the rest of the car hopefully this hole thing doesnt get ugly. i mean the painted the engine bay grey ehn i wanted it white the thing is with sum parts it looks imaculate no problems but with other areas can u get brush looking marks due to unsanded primer i think half this problem is the panel beater apart from the 2 runs i also suspect the panel beater to be unqulified and that he applied the vinyls on. i just wanted a savage looking wagon haha im a big attention seker

but hu nos it may become gloss black im just going to see what happens with the paint by ear, but if the panel work wasnt up to scratch surly they shudnt have started paint on it until it was ready

Guest sexychevette

I reckon its kinda cool. Im not really a fan of the ke series of crayolas, but your one looks tuff. Fuck gloss black! you should go with matt :wink: it wiil look tuff as with your blinged-out wheels and bumpers 8)

• 2 weeks later...

hey dude, ben brought your ke25 of you im his mate who wanted a ke26 which i now have my hands on, sux you had a bit of a run round with the paint job, dont sell it man, just sell them modgies and get some decent rims for it later and use the cash in the mean time :)