HELP! 3 piece wheels

nobumps

I have some 3 peice alloy volk racing wheels 14" going on a car ive bought for over summer they have a 1.5 - 2" lip on them but i want to widen them (Deeper dish). Does anyone know if i can just buy a wider lip rather then going through the procces of getting a engineer to weld a peice in as rather costly

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if anyone wanted these pics oe what pics were wanted but I took some anyways.

dscf0001ds4.jpg

dscf0002qa3.jpg

dscf0003qz0.jpg

dscf0004br8.jpg

dscf0005vp5.jpg

After pulling apart it seems that to make wider you need two new rings in order to keep the same offset. The inner part of the rim would have to be less width and the outer or dished part would need to be larger. You could turn the centre hub around and youd get more dish, BUT the wheels would stick out firther. Also I dunno how the rim would handle it strength wise.

The wheel I have taken apart is a front wheel with less dish than the rears. Because of this it means when you turn the hub around to get extra dish it gives you heaps more, but sticks out alot more. If you were to flip the hub in a rear wheel you would get more dish (not as much as flipping the front one) but only sligthly more track. Perhaps this is the best way to go about it..

Or if you wanted to run flares and not worry about the width, max dish would be achieved by flipping the front rims inside out and putting on rears and leaving the rear rims the right way and putting on front... hmm, someone try it.

dscf0006ph8.jpg

dscf0007du5.jpg

yup cheers for that thought that would be the case, so i started to hand polish these wheels during luntime man im guna have fun wil have to be a lazy sat/sun sunny arvo with a few beers i think

haha, good luck man. Sounds like fun alright.

And don't forget to get the pic thread up. Cheaper than pxting them all!

Im flippin the centers on some volks i bought, ended up being 14x6.5 with -27 off set. Looks pretty mental, but the problem is they are still a 6.5 rim, so you can stretch tires on them. But, I also have anither set of volks, 2 14x6 and 2 14x7. so I may just use the rears of both rims, and end up with probably 14x8 and 14x9. Sounds good to me.

Allan