HELP! 3 piece wheels

nobumps

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont even run a seal as such, Its just sealed up with goo standard. I need to fix one of mine also. The orange goo shit is good and what has been recomended to me. It seals some 12inch wheels togther on a mates Frasier fine.

Also the bolts that join through have a torque setting that they need to be done up too. I cant member what it is but it was really high. Ring a tyre/wheel place and get them to ring Simmons etc to find setting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

um the saga goes on. So finaly sealed them up nice and good no leaks at all, was using them for a while then a tyre magisly came off the rim. didnt notice it being flat at all, so got tyre shop to pump back up and still no leaks????????/ What the fuck is the tyre to small from rim?? shudnt be compared to mikuni's mine are streched fuck all maybe car to heavy? any ideas?

with out me reading through all the stuff of this threadf Let me run a few things by ya.

So are you running totally flipped rims? so the outer became the inner and vic versa...?

If so, it is my understanding that the outer parts of a rim have a different designed bead to the inner. This is to help drop in the Tyre onto the bead,

So, if this is the case, and you have mild Stretch, and mix that with a bit of extra negative camber, then it is intererly possible I guess that by having the force of the wheel on the road working againts the side wall of the tire, and this force pushing the bead of the tire againts the bead of the rim that is desinged to have the wheel fitted on, then it could be forcing the bead off the rim, or seperating it enough to possibly allow air to leak out...........

So, you understand all that? Sorry, Im not so good at explaining things, and its ust something I came up with then, as I had never even thought about the par tof it before. bummer if its possible.......!!!

Allan