Cute Wee Gem's Mini Clubman

thminiman

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys. If you come tomorrow, Peter I won't mask up the engine bay so you can have a look if you're keen. Its a bit rougher that it looks in the pics, but shit.. Its an engine bay right? :wink:

Final paint should be pretty good though. I want to get it nice but don't want to spend an eternity on it. :lol:

Car is going to be my daily so theres no point spending too much time on it because people will probably fuck it anyway. I've had drunk cunts lean on my last car and scratch it up/throw shit at it for no reason.. Bastards

Cheers guys. If you come tomorrow, Peter I won't mask up the engine bay so you can have a look if you're keen. Its a bit rougher that it looks in the pics, but shit.. Its an engine bay right? :wink:

Final paint should be pretty good though. I want to get it nice but don't want to spend an eternity on it. :lol:

Car is going to be my daily so theres no point spending too much time on it because people will probably fuck it anyway. I've had drunk cunts lean on my last car and scratch it up/throw shit at it for no reason.. Bastards

yeh, prolly wont be there 2moro cos im useless

just keep painting and i'll see what i see

• 2 weeks later...

fuck that must look mint!... what was the deal with the pearl? you didnt have any gold in it at all? or did you have pearl in the bay and not on the outside?

Just got an email from Jai...

that cunts so useless its not funny, i asked him to order some 1275 hubs for me in mid december, emailed him 3 times, and still havent heard back from him, just gave up on him. spend my money elsewhere etc

lee has some fucken good bits at the moment mang... went and had a good chat to him last week. And, i somehow remembered to ask about the GAZ shocks fitting/not fitting on NZ mini's he said there isnt a problem. he's fitted them plenty of times without a problem. I cant remember which he recomended. but they're all pretty much the same thing for similar prices. I think he said GAZ was what he prefered/has in his car. I will be getting a set of those before too long

fuck that must look mint!... what was the deal with the pearl? you didnt have any gold in it at all? or did you have pearl in the bay and not on the outside?
Just got an email from Jai...

that cunts so useless its not funny, i asked him to order some 1275 hubs for me in mid december, emailed him 3 times, and still havent heard back from him, just gave up on him. spend my money elsewhere etc

lee has some fucken good bits at the moment mang... went and had a good chat to him last week. And, i somehow remembered to ask about the GAZ shocks fitting/not fitting on NZ mini's he said there isnt a problem. he's fitted them plenty of times without a problem. I cant remember which he recomended. but they're all pretty much the same thing for similar prices. I think he said GAZ was what he prefered/has in his car. I will be getting a set of those before too long

Reckon, he is pretty slow to reply and sometimes have to send shit twice, but its FINALLY coming, after like 3 months :lol:

Only problem with Gaz, for me is that they're quite expensive and my budget is low.

Pearl was weird, I put in in with clear and it went all chunky and I wasn't going to spray that. After a fucking frustrating day of disappointment I gave up on it, when I tipped it out I figured out what the problem was though. I think you have to mix it with thinner, shake the fuck out of it and get it to mix up properly, then chuck it with some clear.

The engine bay has no pearl either, waste of time doing in in there :wink:

Few dents/imperfections on both doors, even though I block sanded the shit out of them :x - Worst part is above the wheel arch on drivers rear, fuck know how I missed that beforehand.. It really pissed me off though

Few dents/imperfections on both doors, even though I block sanded the shit out of them - Worst part is above the wheel arch on drivers rear, fuck know how I missed that beforehand.. It really pissed me off though

^ Could that be from rolling it onto its side when you did underneath? :)

Mini's are great for daily hacks. Dunno if you've seen my project but it got me to uni everyday for 3 years. Best things are they are cheap to run, get quick and easy car parks anywhere, still a real classic, girls always love minis.

Very cool project! I only just stumbled on it tonight. Good luck