Cute Wee Gem's Mini Clubman

thminiman

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yeah. I got the idea of those paint/rust stripping things from your thread, so big thanks to you, made my life so much easier haha.

The shed is great, kicked my parents car and boat out along time ago (when i had my first project) muahaha. When i first started i had no power in there.. no lights etc, ran a lead light from the house at night, did my first 2 projects completely by hand.. I just need some extraction fans, heater and lots of lights on the walls and turn her into a booth :P

Yeah i did, was my first car, got it when i was 15 (17 now), painted it twice cause the first was absolute shit. 2nd was alot better, but still not great (im a perfectionist :? ), was an awesome first car though, 2nd car i did (74 colt) i paneled at home and sprayed it in town in a booth, was fucking awesome, useing a gun worth about 1g, heated and lots of light in there

Hey, got a master cylinder, dosent look badly scored up the bore, just a bit around the bottom. I think it could be servicable with a hone and new seals. Can have it for free if ya sort me with postage. Ill put up a pic if ya want to see inside yaself.

you can get replacement seal kits from repco, like 8 buck or something, pretty simple to rebuild the master cylinder, IF you have a handy hanes manual.

It think there are two types of the cylinders tho, so two kits, so your really have to strip it down and take the old seals with you to repco.

Oh and I've got school holidays so thats the reason im going nuts on her, it will slow down somewhat during school in the next few weeks so I'm trying to get the hard part out of the way. Body work starts getting easy after a couple of cars and find faster ways of doing things.. and hey, it is a small car so theres not alot to do

A problem i have struck is I'm not sure what colour to do the inside, the car itself is most likely going to be metallic green, and I find it bloody hard to get consistant with metallic in small cunty places, was thinking I could just flat black it but I'm not sure yet. Engine bay will be same colour as the car though