Cute Wee Gem's Mini Clubman

thminiman

looking good man, im jellous of ur speed!! Just thought idd put up a few pics for thought. Be careful with ur warrents with the widened wheels cause some places have issues with them (talked to a guy thats raced on them 4 ages and says hes never heard of them failing tho). Classic british paint job would be sick.

This is my old clubbie, crappy red colour but it cost me $650 or so, had a sweet 1275, drums all round. Those are widened steels.

dsc00026bacow3.th.jpg

Heres what i recon u should do it like, old school clubman style maybe with a bit of a custom graphic or something. Ull have to get some type of flares to cover those wheels

n2kb3.th.jpg

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Your old clubby is cool man, I love the little 10's lol - Just need a set of hubcaps and some decent tyres and I'll be away :twisted:

Oh, and build the engine, paint it and stick it together, and get a wof... ohh crap lol :cry:

i should check if the hubcaps from the imp fit the mini wheels, prolly wont, when you painting mang?

i will probly be cuming south at some stage in a week or 2 so would lub to come have a looksie

:nice colour

:good gun

:noobpainter

expecting good results :P ,

keep up the good work mang

Cheers, I'll be doing it in the garage though, bit of a hassle to get it to town (can't just tow it like we did the Colt)

So, garage job it will be. I'll do it mid morning instead of afternoon so no bugs. I'll get it %100 ready to go the night before, clean garage etc

Anything else you reckon I should do before/during?

Quite a few coats, about 3 base, 2-3 top then about 3-4 of the pearl (I'll use a little bit first just to see how strong it shows up) and as much claer as I can pile on top! :twisted:

I wouldn't go as far as calling you a noob mate.

-Don't paint in the rain(or when theres moisture in the air)

-Don't open&close the shed door

^key rules.

Remember to do lighter coats then what you normally do with non-metallics.

light,fast and even coats are very important with metallics.same as can be said with pearls.the paint can tend to swirl&tel-sag(workshop nickname for metallic sag :lol:) if you lay it on too wet, so be careful.

Wet the floor or atleast cover it if your worried about overspray.

Also because of the size of the car,i'd be inclined to raise it up on wood,bricks etc

And you should already no this: mix the paint in one go.

Ch0