Cute Wee Gem's Mini Clubman

thminiman

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare you to beat me, that makes more contenders to the race :P

I started on fixing the passengers door, I realized I'm kinda wasting a fairly decent door and so far I haven't found anything better, and I'm just getting fucking fed up with it, it should have been painted months ago.

Fucking hard to weld with a arc though, I'll try my best to not be a rangi cunt :wink:

the way the things work is the whole wheel/brake assembly is held up by the shock(when u jack it up) so when the rid height is low, the shock sits low but if your wheel gets off the ground at all, the hi low assembly is liable to fall out as there is no force on it, and nothing holding it in... kinda hard to explain, but yea, thats why my back end isnt very low yet.

the fronts are similar, but the way there designed means they can fall out as there are walls on all sides to stop it from falling out.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah man, hurts your willy a bit, raw mince + raw eggs in a jug is where its at

As for the actual car, I was about to say "Yeah it will be painted soon if I buy this door" - then I realised the auction ran out about an hour ago, playing with HI-LOs kept my mind completely off it

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=76092245 - SHIT, only 26 bucks too, I'm steaming that I missed out on it. Fuck.... My luck is shit

Now I forgot what I was going to say, I'm off to listen to Simple Plan/cut my wrists

:cry:

I remember now, what I was going to say was..

miniman, I'm not saying you're wrong in what you say about the HI-LOs falling out, but think about the suspension a bit more. When your wheel comes off the ground (which is pretty unlikely to happen anyway), Say your going into a driveway and the rear wheel lifts off, the shock won't let it go to full droop straight away due to rebound, unless your car had the wheel off the ground for about 4-5 seconds or so, it shouldn't goto full droop.

Basically I think you would have to damn unlucky to have it fall out, I lifted a corner of the car and did a few quick tests to see. I'll do a search soon to see if I can find anyone having these problems

^^ probably not as unlucky as me right now, 2nd door/set I've missed out on, I'm really gutted right now.. ruined my week but I guess life could be worse eh