Sumo's RX3 Retro Racer

Sparkle

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's truely awesome dude, you must be stoked to have something in such mint condition.

Actually, come to think of it, I think I have one of those stainless period number plate surrounds/backings with 'MAZDA' if you're interested PM me.

Not bad.

I mean, bloody MINTER. You've done well. Is the ignition lock unit meant to look like that? Looks like it should have something over it...?

Please post more pictures :)

The ignition lock is always out in the open....it makes a farce of security.

You dont usually notice it as the barrel is usually painted satin black with the facia being chromed

I've polished the barrel, in truth the paint on it had chipped quite badly and it was a bit of an eyesore in the tidy cabin, and I couldnt be assed ripping it off, masking it and painting it, so out with the Mothers Metal Polish.....

on a similar vein, anyone see the original green rx3 at the 4s n r's? almost as tidy as this one...

How did it go in the show?

In Christchurch with our car..........

2003 Best Original RX (missed out on best original interior because the Judges thought the alarm was set!)

2004 Best Original RX, Best Original Interior, Best Undercarriage

Guest redseven

Damn nice 3 dude! an original RX3 is not something you see every day, was this car in NZCC magazine? im sure I saw it under one of the best restoration or car of the year competition? you should go for a feature in there mag it would be good to see some classy japanese cars in there besides last months effort (a 4 door 120Y) could you put up some interior shots?

and whats the red tail light surround all about?

Go with the 8 track, Pink Floyd on 8 track driving a mint rx3.

awesome.

and whats the red tail light surround all about?

The RX3 had 2 types of this tail-light, the all Black/Dark Grey that the 12A cars and and the 10A ones.

All the 10A RX3s had it, the red paint from the 70's only lasted a few years before it peeled off.

If you see a "chrome" RX3 tail-light surround, this is what they should have looked like.

• 4 weeks later...
Whats the carpet colour you used on the floor and the lower door cards?

Lower door cards are completely stock...black

Carpets are Rare Spares black loop pile, with cut pile over carpets.

Loop pile is standard...cut pile is easier to clean.

I wouldnt recommend the Rare Spares Carpets....they are generic 808/RX3 units and bear very little resemblence to the factory items in shape.

• 5 years later...
WHere did you get the genuine mazda under bonnet stickers from?

One of the guys on Ausrotary did a single batch of early Mazda under bonnet stickers...I was lucky enough to get a set before he decided not to make any more.