rwd 323 engine conversion

Guest **323wagin**

Guest **323wagin**

hi i have a 1982 323 rwd wagon and my engine is about to shit its self, any suggestions on what to put in?? something later model. i am on a budget but still want something cool maybe mx5?? any tips etc will be helpful.

thanks,karl

Guest **323wagin**

a rotary is always an option but all the rotarys iv seen are around the $2500 mark so yea....wat bout jst a bp 1600 mx5 engine..ther was one on trademe 4 a grand

• 5 years later...
I put an MX5 engine in into a RWD 323 was an easy fit

LIES!! Ive done it aswell and it was an absolute fucking slut!! :lol: It will depend largely if you want to notch the firewall or not, if you dont (I didnt) youll have fuck all clearance between the engine and firewall and the weight will be too far over the front. the radiator has to go in from for the slam panel (rx radiator with both outlets on one side) and you have to flip the thermostat cover to change the radiator piping (no biggy)

I used th factory mx5 box with rx7 s1 tailhousing conversion and used factory gearlever hole and modded factory gbox x-member.

DSCN2026.jpg