cordia turbo engine into ex lancer

DatzLO

hey just wondering if any1s done this b4 and wat problems i may run into.

do they match up to the engine mounts and gearbox?

also wat other little things mite b needid 4 this.

its a 1.8l carby turbo cordia engine going into a 1600 5 speed ex lancer

Are you sure it's a 1.8L carby turbo motor? No such thing.

the 1.8L Cordia Turbo motor is the 4G62 1795cc SOHC 8 valve with ECI injection.

There is a 1.6L carby turbo which was used in the early model Cordia turbo, it's a 4G32 SOHC 1597cc 8 valve with suck through carby turbo system.

Anyway.. the Cordia 1.8L block has spaces on the engine for the RWD mounts to bolt up to - threads tapped n all. The 4G62 block is pretty much the same as the 4G63 which the RWD Starion uses (apart from smaller bore of course).

You'll need manifolds off a Starion, and other bits and bobs like the water pipe which runs behind the exhaust manifold, and the water pump.

Engine should bolt up fine using a RWD Sigma gearbox.

zep - aisan twin barrel downdraft single carb. The whole setup was just stupid. Being suck through it was prone to early turbo failure. It was just a horrible and unreliable system - not much power over the standard motor anyway.

zep - aisan twin barrel downdraft single carb. The whole setup was just stupid. Being suck through it was prone to early turbo failure. It was just a horrible and unreliable system - not much power over the standard motor anyway.

Lol, one of these in a mirage at a wreckers in Htizzy I think, fucking ghetto styling so hard, weird to see a carby I recognise with a turbo on it. Had a giggle at the crass interior, red inserts in seats etc, terrible

that GTO that was in NZPC a couple of months back had a fwd sigma motor with fwd manifolds in it, stupid piping for the turbo though, i'd definitly make the effort to find a rwd exhaust manifold. all the starion stuff will bolt straight up so pretty easy to find too. not too sure whether your lancer gearbox would bolt up, i don't think it would last too long though. sigma box would be a better (and cheap) option, still cable clutch so easy to set up.

cheers

Matt

Awesome, pics on

Apparently, VR4-EVO3 turbos=the win on the SOHC turbos, as they aren't backwards like EVO4 onward engines. There's also a starion i/c on trademe at the mo.

as soon as i can borrow one i will.

i know the tdo5h series is meant to be better, and one day i will upgrade.

a friend of mine had a fwd sigma with a dash eng and a tdo5h on it, went pretty hard till it blew, i seem to remember when he ryed to put a non-dash block in it wouldn't fit the g/box and under closer inspection the oil gallies on the head were slightly off??? it was a long time ago so i can't be sure.

That GTO was terrible IMO,

agreed.

well, maybe not terrible, but the wheels dont suit the period at all. and its waaay too high.

and didnt it have a 'dash' engine in it? im not sure if the normal starion manifolds just bolt straight up aye...

exhaust manifolds are interchangable, only inlet manifolds can't be changed (internet rumour, i've never confirmed it). all of the sohc turbo inlets point across the engine anyway, can't do much about it until you change to multipoint or rotate the ECI with an adaptor plate. i've been hearing some bad things lately about this leaning out the two cylinders furtherest from the inlet though, i'm still thinking about giving it a try, its not like sohc 4g63's are expensive.

and i don't think that starion intercooler has got the pipework which makes it pretty much pointless unless its going very cheap.

cheers

Matt