Axle Fucked!

droppdkp

Well after intial panic ive settled down and found out what i need to do.

A bent swaybar, and bent axle frame, where it is supported, later and its straightened up. So thats done now i need another axle and maybe get the rim fixed. Oh and i also need a new light and bumper.

your chassis might be fucked aswell, just get the all the bits to replace the fucked ones and if they dont all bolt in and align sweet, then you gotta take it to the pros. thats what happend to the tina, brother slid it into a curb, fucked one of the front wheels, whole crossmember, and chassis slightly twisted, was liek $500 to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i got the new axle but havn trouble putting it in or more so getting it out.

We got the drum off, got the four nuts that connect teh axle to the brake assembly, but it is very hard to pull out. We flipped the drum round and put teh wheel nuts on and pulled but it did nuthin, any ideas how to get this sucker out?

Guest WESTCORT

yea towing it with another car will just pull it off the stands, not a good idea. all you need is a chain and sumthing heavy, eg. x-flow head and then just bash it, hammer wont do shit not heavy enuf, get sum1 to giv u a hand and both get pavers or sumthin and both give it the bash

yea attach chain or big rope to hub and run the other way... shock it outta there some of those diff bearings are wankers to get out.

that or real big hammer and solid metal rod and wach from other side (diff side)

i'm assuming you have removed the brake hose cause the backing plate usally comes off aswell