Ogre's 1981 Mitsubishi EX Lancer

Ogre

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man lowlancer, you need to grow up.You just wish i was gay so you could get some of my well known, good lovin.

I

never went the DOHC coz it means alot more work, and if you do that you might as well slap a vr4 in there witch is what im gonna eventurly do.

Ive found this to be an extremely easy conversion, but its taken alot of resourch and time to figure out what bits you can shoehorn in there.

End result was all good tho.

would be the shit.200hp at the wheels at least.And thats standard!!.

Ive removed all the sound deadening from the under the back seats and boot 2day.Damn that shits HEAVY!!

Suprised actually

well to be exact, wat i want to do it..........

Starion 4g63bt block

vr4 pistons and rods

vr4 head, intake, turbo etc

link computer.

Reason for using a starion block is that its easy to bolt a gearbox up.In fact the gearbox i have now will bolt straight up and the d50 tranny is sposed to be good for up to 400hp.so there ya go.

turn's on, why dont 4g63BT's from vr4's bolt up? apparently 2.5 turbo diesel boxes are the ones to use in vans, should be easy as pie to get an l200 box so you have floor change, then mac a vr4 engine in front of that.. easy. water pipes are next hardest part, which shouldnt be too bad

well i dont know.Thats what everyone does.

You sure the deisel box bolts straight up?

Come to think of it i have heard somone say somthing about that b4 actually.Are they cable clutch or hydrolic?

The box would bolt up fine and could just use the extention housing off a sigma or l200 box.

hmmmm

hydraulic, although you wouldnt be able to use it due to the column change aspect.... l200s with 4d52's in them are common as mud, shouldbnt be hard to get a gearbox at all..... turbo or not,m they should be the same.

you wouylda heard it from me a couple years back when i was looking at that van that rob from 1st automotive had as a workshop hack - bert at mike murphy has it now... mean bit of gear, would be the first one done in nz i would expect, it's been around for at least 4 years.

rob told me that all you need is a 2.5 turbo box, and he used an evo 5 flywheel and clutch assy. again, the non turbo box is probably the same, might have different ratios or something - mine does 3200rpm at 100, not sure on the diff ratio though

well thats about that i do at 100k as well.

i didnt know that l200s had 4g52s in them, thort they all 4g63 or 4g54.

The box i have now is the same as the l200 box.Same length etc, so i guess that would work fine.

Mybe the reason all the guys use the starion block is so it bolts up to the starion gearbox, or the lancer 1800GSR box, as thats the conversion most of them do.

vr4 conversion is full of headaches..... you need to modify nearly everything... if ya want a starion block i have one, its smoky but id say its rings and turbo gone kaput. (theres like 4mm of freeplay in the turbo shaft)

i have heaps of starion bits... ideal if ya wanna shoehorn the starion brakes and everything onto the front....

well thats about that i do at 100k as well.

i didnt know that l200s had 4g52s in them, thort they all 4g63 or 4g54.

The box i have now is the same as the l200 box.Same length etc, so i guess that would work fine.

Mybe the reason all the guys use the starion block is so it bolts up to the starion gearbox, or the lancer 1800GSR box, as thats the conversion most of them do.

4D52 dude - diesel....

thats what I;m told anyways..... google is yuor friend oviously, to delve into it further.