help! lost me locknut

WildPlumDx

There was a post about this a few months back.

Get a socket (that you dont need) and bang that hard over it with a hammer. I've been told this way works well.

I'm sure others have different ways tho.

there are two other ways

take it to somewhere like beaurepairs and theyll be able to get it off, though will probably charge like a wounded bull for no apparent reason

Ive also hear a rumour of getting a socket thats marginally too big and glueing it onto the lock nut. Havnt tried it and it probably wouldnt work unless it was already pretty loose but anyway

ah got em all off! went to the a tyre shop next town over they wanted 50 bucks to do it but i said nah so went to repco they had the right key! but wudnt let me borrow the darn thing had to buy the whole pack...anyways went into the tyre shop just dow the road from me found out one of me mates works there and he hooked me up with the right one just happen to have it on the shelf :D sussed! cheers for all ya help tho!

If you have access to a welder, just weld a wheel nut on the end of it

youd be pretty slutted if it heated up so much the lock nut got welded onto the stud. i suppose if you were carefull enuf and only did little zips at a time it wouldnt matter....be funny tho :lol: