fb's gemini

flyingbrick

I reckon have that centre grill recessed and it would look better / or some other grill design

Depends on what you do for light surrounds I guess, but I reckon grill tucked back under the bonnet a little might look alright

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flyingbrick

Hey man. Yeah the problem is that the frontal area of your lighting cutout is tiney aye.

Maybe use a bubble cover lense like they did on aftermarket c3 corvette lights?

Guest flyingbrick

Hahahaha, I was going to spray satin black and stencil on WASHER, OIL CATCH and OVERFLOW but I guess to suit the shitnees of the rest if the car I may have to leave as is.

I'm not sure of a clean way to mount them. Maybe I'll use a single t bolt clamp on each one... Or maybe a tidy and very basic set of bike bottle holders. Would be excellent being able to top up the window wash bottle and drain the oil catch can easily out of the car when needed

Guest flyingbrick

Thanks dude- so do I.

I have considered changing to the older shape front end ( guards and bonnet) as it doesn't have the side cutouts for indicators (and just looks cooler I reckon) but dunno if I can find that stuff.

Iv copped a wee bit of flack as people think it's silly to change the stock body... But who cares? It's not like it's a classic or ever will be considered as such.

Inspirational pic of old front gem

99117D0E-87BF-477A-91C5-500A976C2FF9-2590-0000030DDD5E7115.jpg

Inspirational pic of sweet mesh and round lights

E22D61D7-970E-4856-8E96-C90AD82BD643-2590-0000030E0094F613.jpg

New steering wheel arrived today. Grants cheapest wheel

FD143EB5-87E4-4E7D-AA30-BB19EE687225-2590-0000030DE4A1DE35.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest camo_78

weld wheels are ridiculously light,mate has them on his S5 RX7 drag car,i can pick up both fronts with tyres on with ONE hand.granted they're only front runners(15x4.5" i think),but still.think they'll suit the Gemini too :)

Guest Berjjj

What the.. how wide are the front wheels man? May be blind but they look bicycle sized!

Shaping up real good though!

Edit: nvm, answered above haha

Guest flyingbrick

Thanks guys. Yeah these fronts are too narrow. 3.5" seems to be what a lot of folk use but I've since read what I should have read ages ago and found out that minimum certifiable is 4.5" wide. Oh well:-).

They are scary light. Steel wheels seem rediculious after holding these!

I'm tied in knots over what to do diff- wise. My only concern is availibility of ratios. I can buy billet 28 spline axles and billet lsd Center to fit this diff and the process is EASY.... But if I want different ratios I'm not sure if I have much to choose from.

9" is overkill but tons of aftermarket parts and cheap gear sets! But then have to shorten and affix brackets/ make new arms.

Then there's smaller falcon and commadore diffs, then hilux etc etc but nearly same price as 9" to get in there and not as strong as billet stuff in current housing.

Doh!

Guest Roman

E22D61D7-970E-4856-8E96-C90AD82BD643-2590-0000030E0094F613.jpg

Haha, that mesh is terribad. Reminds me of the era of everyone trying to fit an evo bumped to their corollas or whatever and filling in the gaps with mesh. (badly)

Yeah that grille is just a gap filler

All grilles are :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ummmn from memory about 350 freight for wheels... But I had other stuff sent too so unsure. Still saved approx 500 on buying them here... Plus excitement factor is sweet.

You have to be smart- email them first with product codes to get postage quote. If you'd like to share postage let me know as I'll be ordering a heap more stuff soon.

Guards and bonnet will be coming- just waiting on panel guy plus need to get template of valance edge.

• 3 weeks later...

Fark g... hadn't checked in a while. Wow!

How are you gana match the rear to the front?

Was going to pipe up with 'I have a dash' then saw the carbon one.

Have an awesome/simple idea for grill too for you... will show you when/if you come get nosecut. Which is pretty rusty but you're only wanting to make up a plug for moulding?! Should be able to bog it up...

What else... headlamps, you still running 4 on early front? Are you chomping bigger recesses in bonnet for them?

Another idea I had ages ago was upside down flat front (TF slx/ TG)lamps with indicators recessed into guards similar to facelift Kadett C... size n shape they practicaly fit straight in heheh...

Final thing... if no one has their name down to buy the steel guards when your done with em PM me what you'd like for them... will then have a think.

Don't really need anytime soon but getting parts lined up for future longterm project :-D