Seedy Al's Brown Crown

Goat

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question. What size surge tank is considered adequate ie what is the smallest I can get away with.

Also Ryan is this the way your fuel system is plumbed - it's exactly how I imagine I want to do it for my 1UZ conversion..

fuelsystem.png

Pretty much except it had a return to the tank aswell

This is so the wrong thread to be asking this so I'll split and move it later on but is there any reason why I can't have the fuel return from the surge tank T-ing into the fuel filler breather?

I know I should just pull the tank out and do it properly but I just hate the idea of drilling a hole in my tank and having possible leaks. I know I'm an idiot but it's just one of those things.

Lol at you guys suggesting things when he's this balls deep with a cut up tank, Seedy had a whole thread about this haha

The thread concluded that he would be fine with an external pump and no baffles, even with a low tank in the wags. But Al insisted he wanted to do burnouts with $10 gas in it so needed something better. A surge tank is all good, but in tank is by far the tidier way to do it on a car like this and Al's on the right track, just don't think he's got the best in tank setup to transplant into his, plus he's in a rush

This is so the wrong thread to be asking this so I'll split and move it later on but is there any reason why I can't have the fuel return from the surge tank T-ing into the fuel filler breather?

I know I should just pull the tank out and do it properly but I just hate the idea of drilling a hole in my tank and having possible leaks. I know I'm an idiot but it's just one of those things.

Thats exactly where my return went to

Hey Dude!

I used a 2jz in tank pump in my 1200 wagon fuel tank.

I cut a big hole in the top. welded a peice of 4 inch pipe into the tank all the way to the bottom with a couple 10mm holes at the bottom. then i welded a peice of 3mm plate to top of the tank so that the fuel pump unit could sit into the hole and bolt up to the tank sealing the gap. ta da all working

Also used a fuel tank sealer once all welding was done to fill any pin holes. worked a treat

haha I'm pretty happy with how my setup has transpired, just a noob learning as I go as I have never really done a tank job before.

its hard to know what to use till you cut up your original tank, and i also didnt want to spend forever goig round pick a part trying to find the perfect unit.

So with everything i have now, its going to work just fine, and cheap.

thats how i like it

i have however run return lines into breather hoses before no problems

• 3 weeks later...

na, not that I can think of.

Might make so calls to peoples I know down there.

Kinda decided I will maybe just get the link swapped

but i have no had any luck getting a reply from the link guys.

think they might be on extended break

So most likeely wont get it back in time anyways.