Internal surge tank wiring

Tiger Tamer

I have my surge tank and pump for the minx. Both are Aeroflot products but the pump came with no instructions and the tank with minimal instructions on wiring the pump into the tank. I found  the pumps instructions on their website but I am still  unsure what to do.

I have fitted the pump which has come with its wiring but no terminals. I presume I need to fit some terminals to the wires and  attach them to the Alan head terminals.  I suppose it doesn’t matter if they are exposed to the fuel. Probably a dumb question but it just doesn’t seem right.

IMG_0247.jpeg

Use a relay off the key to the right part of acc, ensuring it still has power supply while cranking.   Def solder the join on the terminals and use heat shrink.  Use decent size wiring, noone got time for the pump to get unhappy due to voltage drop and lean out.  Assuming that sealed looking plug is the 12v + and - supply to the pump. Personally I wouldnt use the capscrews,  just make sure you have appropriate fuse on the pump or relay with fuse fitted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nominal said:

This is a (crusty) factory nissan in-tank pump, nothing special about the wiring. it just hangs out with the fuel.

P1000993.JPG

Thats what I needed to see. Just seems wrong that you have a + and - terminal exposed in a bath of fuel. Cheers.

• Like 2

Non insulated terminals are easier to check for a quality crimp, and yes to the cap screws. 

Raychem do fuel rated heat shrink but it's not strictly necessary, non insul is fine in fuel tanks 

• Like 1

Fun fact Rocketlab almost lost a flight because someone used radioshack heatshrink on the fuel system wiring instead of the tested stuff.

It can break down then gunk up your injectors depending where your filter is.

I've got to do my pump soon too.

Found this https://www.nrtautomotive.com.au/products/raychem-fuel-rated-heatshrink-in-tank-use-per-metre 

• Like 1