More power in a tf125

JohnSch

G’day

rebuilding my tf125 motor due to scoring in the bore, am wanting to get some more go out of the old girl, wondering if I should just do a 0.5, and take of as little material as possible, or go balls to the wall and slap a 2mm in there??

also wondering what else could be done to get the old two banger running around a little faster?? 

You've opened Pandora's box here. Once you get into 2 stroke tuning you can go down some serious wormholes.

Find A Graham Bell's 2 stroke tuning on line - there are free sites with it. Download it and read it. It's basic by current standards but it'll do you.

Rebore as small as possible. Leaves some life in the barrel - and you aren't moving port edges very much.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All I did to mine was bore it 1mm as it was very scored and raidous the bottom of the transfer ports on the cylinder sleeve bottom, gut the inside of the expansion chamber and rejet the carb, now it will get the front wheel up in 2nd and 3rd gear with a twist of the trottel, people fit a kawasaki KX 80 ignition system witch makes them rev more,

I wouldnt touch the cylinder head as I am getting detonation on the over run with stock squish, like Greg T says it will get difficult fast.

I am trying to work out if the TS125 cylinder is any better than the TF, the part number is almost the same, TF has a low 1st gear, and slightly different crank caces but the gearbox will interchange

20240214_101220.jpg

• 2 weeks later...