Doug's 1100 chat

igor

1 hour ago, mjrstar said:

Same colour combo as my mini was when I first got it, white exterior and red interior... 

Not enough cars come with red carpet these days.

Have to love the red, had a P6B V8 in the same colours a few years ago, bloody neat

35 minutes ago, locost_bryan said:

Amazing that the Mini and 1100 were the best selling cars throughout the 60s here and in the UK.  About the only car available here today shorter than 3.8m is the Kia Picanto.

Different times eh? Our family car is a LWB LS460, nearly 2m longer! But I can still fit a fold up table, 3 picnic chairs and the picnic basket in the boot of the 1100

• Like 1

I thought our Honda Jazz was a small car, at 4m, but even that's a foot longer than the 1100.

My wife's first car was a Mk3 1300.

My first car (in 1979) was a 1968 Mini 1000 Deluxe, an Aussie one with windup windows, carpets and heater. Luxury!

Eventually fitted a ported and polished Cooper head and increased power from 42 bhp to 70+ bhp, and raced it at Ruapuna.  Then sold it to my sister, who got rear ended hard enough to write it off. :-(

I presume you haven't found any significant rust?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...