The other V twin - Vee Quad.

Muncie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Finally this is running pretty reliably it's pretty twitchy on tar seal but on grass it's absolutely magic.

Got confident yesterday gave it wide open throttle in 3rd gear it had no issues spinning the wheels for 200 meters while probably going 90kph! And makes awesome doorts out the carb that's just under your chin.

It also does drift but requires absolute commitment as it tries to both grip and wheel stand.

Pretty handy fits in work ute perfectly and can be loaded by comfortably just on my own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally fixed the weak rear axle situation. 

Chopped the whole ass end out replaced it with a chunk of steam pipe and welded it in with everything straight this time, and chucked on a 5 litre fuel tank

Me and my son beat the absolute shit out it for 2 hours with no let up and it spins the wheels endlessly lock to lock stable as. Does donuts like a mad thing to and just loves it!. Video below.

I did roll it on its side doing some donuts was still running so flipped it over and did more.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CabHE6PAGW5/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I think I might need to strip it down tidy up some of my early welds with my old dying welder and paint it.

One handling characteristic im not enjoying is it darting on tarseal small inputs equal sharp turns and 3 wheeling, it doesn't do it on grass exact opposite it'll go flat out on grass feeling stable as anything. On sealed surfaces it gives me the shits above 60k.

I've measured it all up found the track front and rear vary by only 2.5mm so can string line it, took some toe out of it was even worse put more in it went back to how it was.

What's the trick even more toe? Get rid of the second hand front tyres?? 

20220306_123607.jpg

• 1 month later...

Borrowed a go pro, and got my son to try break it, success takes beatings like a boss even with me on it.

Shit it sounds ace too!

Kept killing spark plugs which were unobtainable due to covid. So once I found some I bought lots.

Switched to 100 octane and it's way happier.

Enjoy, only short but I was getting utterly pelted.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Finally found rear wheels almost gave up and bought new, not as wide as I originally intended but pretty meaty none the less had to buy rims and tyres separately too.

Will try get these on this weekend the old quad wheels are falling to bits and the tyres roll when doing donuts.

IMG_23082022_191505_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_23082022_191517_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 4

Got them on took for a quick spin yuss gearing is now what I expected 1st isn't geared to moon 2nd is brutal and 3rd pulls like a freight train 4th and 5th go.

And it's not trying to flip over when you turn now.

Has a rake that looks purposeful because of smaller wheels.

IMG_24082022_184729_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_24082022_184704_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_24082022_184643_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 4

Wound this thing up to 5th gear on weekend fair fucking flying and still pulling at a guess it would probably be good for 150kph I backed off well before then though.

The front suspension has a bit of a wobble when you back off as the weight comes back on, needs some bushes to tighten up as there's some play.

Dead keen to see if my son could race it in the junior dragster class..... after I sort the suspension.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Got around to last few things that have bugged me, the suicide shifter has always been a difficult to use made a foot shifter out of of some go kart bits I scored its absolute bliss makes it dead easy to ride.

Last thing I want to do is lower the seat height and paint it. 

Rev limiter 1st through to 4th is a blast need to find some places to use it more often probably be good on the beach.

20220929_062330.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Anyone keen on this? I need some extra cash for my commodore project. 

It's probably suitable for hard as nails kids its still a hoot for adults though will fit in a wagon too. Just the thing for ripping up tge lawn this summer.

See the for sale thread.

• Like 1