SOHC's 74 Suzuki TS250

SOHC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forks had one small patch where the hard chrome had worn off and was rust pitted, I got some stuff like JB weld and covered the bad patch, I don’t know how well this will work, I really need to find some new fork stanchions 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xsinclairx said:

What size are yours? If they're 30mm tf125 ones should work. 

They are 34mm x 600 mm long Suzuki only used 34 mm on a few bikes, Yamaha used 34mm in meany bikes for meany years 

• Like 1

I got a Suzuki TM folding MX Kickstarter, this is needed to clear the expansion chamber and also the TS dose not fold away at all just the top peddle part. I also got the needle roller bearing for the shift drum, only 2 bearings had to be genuine Suzuki in the motor. 

5C708163-EE36-42D4-BE14-1EE871AA65A4.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Raizer said:

Cold there?

I'm finding with vht high temp and CRC satin black it they both come out glossy and take forever to dry on cold and humid days.

Warm dry days they are mint and matt/satin like normal.

I heated the parts so the paint dried very fast and I baked it a bit once it was on, 

• Like 1

The kickstarter lever is from a TM 400 and dose not clear the clutch cover fuck it, someone sed DR400 1980 to 84 lever will fit but it dose not have the pinch bolt on the spline. My engine has the early big spline shaft otherwise I could shove on anything.