Sign in to follow this  
michael14

Rubber Coil Spring Mounts

Evening all. 

Does anyone know if these are warrantable/legal? My springs are very slightly uncaptive. I can’t think of a reason as to why they wouldn’t be, but thought I’d check. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/trade-me-motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/suspension/auction-2041735400.htm

Thanks in advance. 

The LVVTA Facebook page had a thing about coil spacers recently, can’t find the post now sorry. But I’m pretty sure it’s a no.

unless they were softish factory rubbers ;)

mercs have them as standard, can even buy different thickness ones for small height adjustment, but i guess thats factory so?

Those /\ are different. They sit between the top hat and the chassis. The rubber spacers siting on the spring are all good for a wof. 

• Like 3

Yeah they would be sitting on the spring itself, my front springs have some that look factory, which is why I assumed all good.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, datlow said:

mercs have them as standard, can even buy different thickness ones for small height adjustment, but i guess thats factory so?

That's pretty much what I'm after, to get springs captive/make the car slightly higher at a cheaper cost to new springs.

Do you mean this “replacement springs are self-retaining in their seats at full extension, without the use of non-standard devices such as wire-ties, straps, or external spring locators”

I don’t believe those rubber spacers fall into that category. 

I have used the spacers before and passed wofs with them in.

• Like 2