flyingbrick

Arduino stuff/ programing/so cheap

14 hours ago, Ned said:

why are you still dicking around with this? just buy a speeduino board, and start writing code... those ignition drivers all work etc as well as give you lots of other inputs you're going to need...

or you doing it purely as an exercise on how to drive coils/learn something? I dont understand why you are using a fet to drive an IGBT to drive a coil, when you can just use a fet to drive the coil

Doing it to prove i can.
And i've driven the coils from mosfets many times & burnt up every one of them.

• Like 1

Just bought some STM32H7 dual core processors. 

Now all that's left to figure out is... Everything :pukeright:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ghostchips said:

Doing it to prove oldschool can.
And i've driven the coils from mosfets many times & burnt up every one of them.

:-D

Ordered an arduino due off of ali today. Not sure what I will use it for, but the extra speed may outweigh the lack of 5V capability for some applications (32 bit, 84 MHz ARM cpu)

• Like 1

On 13/06/2019 at 22:19, Ned said:

mechanical switches bounce, thats just the nature of them. Add SW debouncing by checking the signal is valid for 30mS or something, or do hardware debouncing with a 100nF capacitor across the switch and a weak pullup? 10k or bigger maybe? i dont usually do HW debouncing as it costs more than a few lines of code so might pay to google a bit....

So I tried adding a resistor to put the pin down to ground but still had triggering issues from the machinery running around it. How does a pull up work?. If I posted the code on here could ya point me in the right direction? Cheers!!!

4 hours ago, ajg193 said:

Ordered an arduino due off of ali today. Not sure what I will use it for, but the extra speed may outweigh the lack of 5V capability for some applications (32 bit, 84 MHz ARM cpu)

Teensy range is bloody good too, and as the name would suggest, uhhh... teensy. for if you need something with a smaller footprint than the Due.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/

15 hours ago, rusty360 said:

So I tried adding a resistor to put the pin down to ground but still had triggering issues from the machinery running around it. How does a pull up work?. If I posted the code on here could ya point me in the right direction? Cheers!!!

You need to do some of the basic arduino tutorials on this, makes heaps of sense after 

• Like 1