Chassis bent

Braydenh28

Hi there I have recently brought a 63 rambler that I planned to restore, but before I go any further I have notices it has hit something in past and atcualy twisted the front chassis rail as it is a unibody floor. Can anyone tell me if this is fixable or even worth fixing or at I wasting my time with it I Tryed to take some photos. The car rego is lapsed so need to fix if possible for the re vin.

cheers

IMG_0351.PNG

IMG_0352.PNG

IMG_0353.PNG

Bloody hard to see it all in photos. there is a bulge where the circle is but the other side of rail is fine, where the buldge is appears to still be straight. The bit the is twisted is further forward to the front and needs to be pulled back toward the way of the arrow is pointing. Any one have a guess of cost to get her put on a chassis machine

Most small shops don't do it any more , basically if its bent and its more than a few years old its a write of and new cars with that sort of damage the insurance co sent it to one of their preferred shops with inverter welders and manufacturer approved tradesman

The co I do part time work for has one in the corner  may be uses it once a year ,hes said he wants it gone ,no real money in the big jobs basically a few 100 and you get the lot frame clamps rams chains power pack has all the measuring gear but never used

Last real job I did on it was a half finished triumph 2000 that hit a power pole and the owner supplied a whole front cut

9 hours ago, governorsam said:

Anything can be fixed, comes down to expense vs result. Any creases in the chassis/ body? Have pulled cars straight with a block and tackle before. If its just a small tweak, can be feasible. 

If you can see it, so can the inspector..

There is a section in my nz distributors morris workshop manual that goes into some detail about this, where to hang your plumb bobs for measurements and such

• Like 3