BA coon abs help

Mr Vapour

Hi gents

I know there is slot if love here for a BA falcons. Hoping to get some help.

I have my self an early BA 2003 xr6 Got it with 100km on the clock and it's now got 150km on it. We have had it for 3.5 years.

Non traction control.

It's making concerning noise/feeling under slow brakes.

It has new pads and rotors up front, and I think pads in the back. I have also changed out the nasty black fluid for fresh.

I know these all get the shudder and it's not that. I fixed that issue long ago with the new pads and rotors.

This issue is felt and heard when at slow speed.

It's like a short grunting/high pressure releasing noise, and you can feel a slightly softer pedal at the same time. It's like a sensor is picking up that a wheel is locking and the abs is kicking is pulsing the brakes 2-3 times. But it only happens at under 15kph. It may happen at higher speeds but it's not noticed.

The abs light comes on every now and then.

It's my car and only gets driven 10ish km per week as I catch the train. But we are going to Wellington later on the year and I will only do not in the falcon of lush long distance.

Any one have any ideas?

Faulty sensor?

Abs module/distribution block?

Any help would be good.

I had the pulsing pedal with my commodore and occasional Abs light come up, new rotors fluid and pads cured it. Perhaps your rotors might be worn below the minimum tolerance allowing the pads to travel to far and get skewed in the caliper when braking.

Off brand rotors are dirt cheap if it is the cause.

+1 for start with the wheel speed sensors. See if you can get a scan tool on it to read any faults it's logged regarding the abs.

Shuddery brakes will come back eventually.

Proper fix is to back the adjustment off the master cylinder at the back of the pedal box. 2-3mm is all it needs so it doesn't give too much play in the pedal.

For some reason they all came quite poorly adjusted from the factory.

Last time someone plugged a scan tool into my wagon, the first thing they said was ''holy shit"

i assumed that was not a good thing

Same here... rev limit 37 times in 2min period... whoops must have slipped on loud pedal... in 3rd gear. Dammit.  :-D

• Like 2