Replacement brake rotors drilled slotted nothing whats good?

Muncie

When they made my old RS Megane, they put slotted rotors in the petrol ones, but plain on the diesels because the extra weight of the diesel engine meant the brakes tended to get more of a workout. I never quite understood that one. Seemed like the opposite of what every other manufacturer does.

• Like 1

They're on and bedding in. Once the bedding in is over will pump some more fresh fluid through the whole system bled up as best i could using kids to pump the brakes for me. The dreaded shudder is gone so very happy this far, the old pads which weren't more than 1/4 worn had a weird wave looking wear pattern on them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

They're on and bedding in. Once the bedding in is over will pump some more fresh fluid through the whole system bled up as best i could using kids to pump the brakes for me. The dreaded shudder is gone so very happy this far, the old pads which weren't more than 1/4 worn had a weird wave looking wear pattern on them.

Bedding in will have taken 3-4 stops from 100K. Let us all know how the new stoppers feel.

Has taken a bit longer than that to get a decent progressive pedal again first few stops were sketchy as heaps of smoke and pedal travel. Have fed it a few litres of fluid nothing flash yet wanted to clear out 15 years of old stuff. Pedal is great now pulls up real damn quick with no fuss for such a heavy car im calling slotted BREMBOS a decent improvement over stock.

It was running police spec pads before too

That were Pwr brand i think now im running Mintye semi metallic, good pads not much dust so far, Hmm track day will show how good though 1/4 mile first.