Anglia4's XH Falcon Ute

anglia4

I had been looking for a 4wd or a ute as I need something for moving my dogs and mountain bikes and general trailer pulling.

I came across an XE ute on facebook for sale and commented on it, a mate saw my comment and gave me the number of a mate of his who had an XH XR6 that he wanted rid of.

He had a work ute, so the xr6 hasn't seen any use for a couple of years and was too good to rot away in his driveway. So I bought it :)

Its recently had a massive brake system overhaul as he was starting to get it WOF ready but didn't have the time to put into it. So it still needs a bit of work, new battery, wipers don't go, door hinge pins etc.

I've got a new battery and hinge pin kit, have got an entire wiper assembly on the way from trademe.

It runs really mint, its only done 150k.

Hopefully I will be able to get a WOF on it pretty pronto once my wiper assy arrives next week.

• Like 3

I went to head up to my dads with this today to do some work on it.

Got about 2km up the road and it just died.  :doubt:

4CC24C01-BE68-422C-ACA6-E19AC8622BF5_zps

My roadside diagnosis was that the fuel pump wasn't working.

Sure enough after getting it to dads and pulling it to bits the in-tank filter had a hole in it and the pump is seized  :doubt:

So I'll have to track down another pump on monday, and I did none of the jobs that I had planned on doing at dads.

Fucking Aussie Fords. I did know better than to buy it, but its too bloody cool.

• Like 1

I bet Tom was ragging on it hard after he had to tow it home haha.

The rust is nothing, couple of little holes but nothing major. Got it cut out and rust-killed last night, patches are all cut and waiting. Hopefully my courier pack arrives today and WOF tomorrow!

Wee bit of a set-back.

The original in-tank filter bag had a hole in it, so we think it had picked up a lump of shit and jammed the pump which is what killed it.

Unfortunately, the second hand pump I have got, despite the guy telling me he would find the best filter he had, the filter is in way way worse nick than my original. I'm not putting it back together with either of them.

Is it possible to buy just the in-tank filter without buying a whole new pump assembly? Would repco etc do that?