Buying Supremes

The Bronze

It's not even much money compared to shitty alloy things people buy instead of supremes that can look terrible on old cars.

Those two I posted have the bare minimum to get you by with that design of wheel. The centre is reinforced and they have gussets on the spokes. Some dudes when China shit came online in a big way got some made that were super shit, some had no gussets and some were not welded properly. I honestly think the bad quality China ones are Hard to find state side now, all the big retailers seem to stock the two I posted above (which seem identical IRL). I don't know what else there is to say except don't get reverse ones unless you are committed to building a low rider haha

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Na talk in here man it's all good! discussion is where its at.

You talking like getting alloy centers made? I can just imagine how spendy that shit would be, either the drama to setup casting or just man up and get billet ones made.

The thing with the rotas is they have to make sure they have a market, so they usually make one or two offsets in common stud patterns. For Supremes they have to suit heavy vehicles that come in 3 stud pattern flavours (hence the slotted) and many offsets as all those old barges have wildly varying guard space (and people want different looks) the steel construction means they can cater for all this shit without committing to the costs of casting 10+ different types of wheel. As usual some cunt seen dollar signs and made some that were not up to scratch and ruined the party for everyone.

• Like 1

Manu to answer your question from your text, No Grotty is not bringing in supremes, 

He just bought some when he was In america on his trip.

Said him and another guy bought the last two sets of 13's in LA

And that it was a limited run, and you cannot buy anymore.

• Like 1

Berry Chung used to cast their own centres (as per the pic below) and then bolted them into an outer band.

They were sweet from my own experience (my T-bucket had BC wheels, the rears were one piece cast but the fronts were 2 piece)

DSC01960.jpg

The mould above would be sweet if the spokes were a little thicker at the thin end and concave rather than convex. 

Who knows how to make a suitable mould from a set of Supreme's? 

• Like 3

I have never seen them IRL but the cragar 377 supremes are alloy centre with steel band (this would be my preferred construction) problem is I haven't seen if they look shit IRL and they have less load rating than the steel ones. Tapered seat holes for specific stud pattern instead of slots though.

I have never seen them IRL but the cragar 377 supremes are alloy centre with steel band (this would be my preferred construction) problem is I haven't seen if they look shit IRL and they have less load rating than the steel ones. Tapered seat holes for specific stud pattern instead of slots though.

They look cool - just ditch the bullet caps in the pdf below because they look naff.

http://www.cragarwheel.com/images/medialibrary/Cragar_377.pdf

Load rating is 1580 (I assume that is lbs and per wheel) 

Surely the Buick isn't +6000lb's

supreme.jpg

OK so Celica Ra45 (glen) said to go check out Dragway as they do a 5 spoke with a billet center. As with any supreme style rims I haven't seen in person I'm not sure they are right proportions. Might go check them out IRL, I kinda want a set that I can put of my heavy whale and forget about while bashing around on shitty outback roads. They will be like $500 a wheel though I am sure.

http://www.dragway.com.au/index.php/car-products/classic-wheels.html