Greenie's 86 holden vk wagon, discussion

Greenie

What do you want your name to be man?

Just LX would be good man if it can be changed.

And I thought I had to do the reverse lights coz it was on the last wof sheet it went in for .

Wait so if no primer then what? Througt on colour?

And does anyone have any tips for getting the outa tie rod end off ? Everything I've seen just says hit it. But mine is Being stubborn as fuck. And I can't change the rubber boot without it off

Crc it

Leave it for a bit

Smack the steering knuckle on the flat bit with the biggest hammer you can wield and get a decent strike from

Maybe have someone stick a big bar between tie rod and knuckle and lean down on it

Or do what I did when I had the same issue with it not coming apart

Rage quit and smack the threaded part which means you have to replace them

Stuff on mine was a dick to get apart aswell.

Also don't paint Matt/satin black unless you want max bogan... leave crappy paint and you'll match mine :)

Pretty sure you'll need reverse lights for wof...

Wait so if no primer then what? Througt on colour?

If the body is straight and you'r not planning on spending heaps of money on it then don't bother painting it. Especially not primer as it looks shittier than shit paint and still costs money.

Get it road legal, fix the mechanical issues and if at the end of it you rather enjoy the vehicle and want to sharpen up the appearance, choose a proper colour and do full respray. Might be a great car for you to learn a bit of painting on/with.

Edit: From the guy who drove a primer grey HQ for years and is only finally painting it properly.

• Like 1

I brought I new one so I could just beat on the top of the bold with no fear of damage. And it still won't move. Jumped on the crowbar to try force it down but that didnt work either. It hasn't moved at all. Might pay to mention that I'm doing all this with the wheel still on because the rims have lock nuts that the previous owner lost the key too -.- so I haven't been able to get a solid swing on it yet.

Also found out I do need reverse lights as my mum's car failed wof on them yesterday. So that's settles that.

And I've decided I'm just gonna leave the paint for now and if I can be bothered I'll paint it the original bluish colour.