Which cam or my 1.6xflow

Crispen

So.. rebuilding my 1.6 xflow as i blew a piston on xmas day.. its getting bored out to 60 thou, some nice new pistons, managed to get a ported head for it but will still be running the std 28/36 dvg weber until i get round to finding nice upgrade. Anyways im thinking 234 as i will be using as my almost daily driver...

Thoughts and ideas?

yeah go with the kent cam 234  it about the best cam for street use the next size in the kent range is the 244 cunt to drive in traffic and will need cut outs in the pistons

And whats a 1/2 race cam???kinda of a pet hate like someone saying they have a "fully" worked engine!!

yeah ive been told the bcf2 is a good fit but so is the 234...

next question, who to buy it from? Dont really wanna go auckland cams as had a friend who got one for his v8  and it was just rubbish.. also dont really wanna buy from overseas..

To be honest, I would look at getting a custom grind, all the off the shelf ones are a bit pus by todays standards. You have to remember most of those cams designs are 40 years old.

You should get the bottom end assembled, the head flowed, and measure the piston to valve clearences. Then get a cam that maximises the available lift and you will end up with a much nicer engine over all for not a hell of a lot more work.

If you do get a cam from kelford you should measure it pretty carefully before use, actually that goes for all cam manufactures.

• 2 weeks later...

Franklin Cams 09 238 4067. Ive had a couple of cams machined by them and they were very helpful, pricing was acceptable and the end results have been pleasing to date. Think the guy to deal with is Adrian. Kelfords are very good also, especially if Kevin Bann has anything to do with them still.