chris r

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I messed/forgot about that post sorry.

I had a chat with ness today and we have decided to advertise it for sale. It has been nearly a year since we got it and we haven't touched it in a long time. We both love the idea of a v8 cruising wagon but we don't have enough time and money for this and our other projects so something has to go unfortunately. 

we will do a stocktake and see what there is. We will be keeping the 253 and box for later

Are you any better off with a 253 than the 202?

I know 8s are cool and all, but so are tweaked 6s (triple carbs mMMmmm...) and the old 253 is a bit erm, average.

No offence meant, guess I'm just remembering how I turned down a mint 186 4 spd HG coupe cos it was a 6. Would love it now...

[Edit] sorry posted before I read you're selling. My point still stands though : )

Yes tweaked 6s sound so good and can be as fast but its more of a hassle to live with.

The plan was to have a nice cruiser with 'enough' power. I drove Neals 253 hq and it was good enough on the motorway. (and used heaps less fuel than my 202 in the tonner)