Threeonthetree's Holden Brougham

Threeonthetree

Giggity giggity! 

Looking forward to seeing this thing progress. so much lush.

nothing beats rumbling along at 90kph with the 308 singing away 1950rpm while leaning back in your Luxuriosly Appointed couch. and the air chief blasting some tunes.

Note: My 308 does this rpm at 90-100kph  due to the 2.60:1 open diff (traumatic equiped) dunno what yours would do!

whats your bango diff ratio?

My Banjo diff is currently 2.78:1 and is an LSD hahaha. I have a spare 2.78:1 HG diff under my house too so either way I'll be chugging along at a very lazy rate of rpm. I calculated that mine should sit at approximately 2100rpm at 62mph which is low enough.

I got the Air Chief working on the bench yesterday and I'm looking forward to restoring it (the radio) as a little side project.

I've got a V8 Holden aftermarket electronic ignition set up that I would be happy to donate to the cause. I kept it out of the 308 ute that I had last century and it worked really well. The centre button was missing out of the dizzy cap and it still ran perfectly. Give me a PM if you want it.

Mike

Hi Mike, That would be great as I've got a 308 that I need to drop into my panelvan. It has no distributor so your one would be perfect. I'll PM you now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...