Threeonthetree's Holden Brougham

Threeonthetree

You must be running out of cool holdens to find in the top of the north island

Actually I know where there is a unfinished project Holden (possibly hq  or later ) on the north shore ,mates wife daughters husbands mates car  . Mates wife daughter wants it gone off her land lol

I would grab it but its a real haul back to wgtn as a non runner

• Like 1

Getting it out of there isn't a problem got another mate couple of kms away that owns a trucking co with hiabs I'm sure he would put it in his yard next to his collections of chefs and holdens just do I really need another project and the big one where the ( censored ) am I going to stash it plus I drive 4 days a week I don't get excited these days driving long distances on my time off

Do you have much in the way of spares I'm looking for interior bits for my wb

flyingbrick has a WB so would be worth having a chat to him.

I've got a couple of gloveboxes that came as spares with my van. I'm pretty sure two of the three aren't beige but I know one is broken.

Will check when I'm at the shed next but I don't think I have anything else that would suit your needs. Mine is generally all HQ, HJ, HX and HZ at the latest.

If its just a standard hq sedan not that keen if it was a prem or statesman more keen  sounds too straight rust free to cut up for bits

If it is just a standard HQ sedan then I am quite interested. Would it be possible for me to view it?

PM me with details if that's okay.

Actually just spotted a very old Holden ( late 50s not sure the models of that era) while I was backing the bin truck down a drive early this morning ,yes the customer wanted it early boxing day hehe, the Holden is in a carport with stuff stacked all over it looks like its got all the chrome etc on the guards but might be a bit rusty 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Giggity giggity! 

Looking forward to seeing this thing progress. so much lush.

nothing beats rumbling along at 90kph with the 308 singing away 1950rpm while leaning back in your Luxuriosly Appointed couch. and the air chief blasting some tunes.

Note: My 308 does this rpm at 90-100kph  due to the 2.60:1 open diff (traumatic equiped) dunno what yours would do!

whats your bango diff ratio?

• Like 2

I've got a V8 Holden aftermarket electronic ignition set up that I would be happy to donate to the cause. I kept it out of the 308 ute that I had last century and it worked really well. The centre button was missing out of the dizzy cap and it still ran perfectly. Give me a PM if you want it.

Mike

• Like 1