20PSI Fuel Pump + Rising Rate Regulator Recomendations

10Speed

So I need a fuel pump...  ideally around around 20PSI, could get away with 15PSI but will restrict options in the future...

The current quote I have is for an Aeromotive A1000 plus rising rate regulator at about $1000... looks like super nice gear, but the price tag is way up there...

Surely there's some cheaper options?

thats presuming you need 1-4psi typical carby fuel pressure when not under boost and 20psi when under boost. this will probably dictate your choice of regulator anyway.

Also not those pumps cannot suck UP they need to be sucking from a bottom tank outlet. otherwise a good option is probably an intank setup, which will be tidier and required the least mods to the tank probably. e.g. jam it through the sender opening somehow if you can.

As far as pump selection goes the Walbro is possibly a better proposition than an 044 given your power target. packaging and noise of the 044 are the downfalls, just make sure the walbro is genuine (steel gears) 

(Yes I do have both in running cars so can comment)

Regs - probably something like this which comes with a low and high pressure spring and is not an outrageous price..

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/aei-13301/overview/

Plus you are ready for EFi when you come to the conclusion that turbo plus carb = bonfire.

• Like 1

i run an aeromotive boost referenced reg and a single 044 bosch pump. it works just fine and dandy. it is pretty loud, especially when the fuel level is getting low it heats up a bit.

if i did it again i would go efi from the start i think. theres a lot more parts and knowledge around.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/aei-13202/overview/

• Like 1