4age silver top #2 injector not firing

uza63

so have this aw10 with a silvertop

has an auto loom on manual.

any way no fire on no2, had 12v either side of plug with key on, couldn't find the leak into it so I ran a new wire strait from ecu to plug.

checked the injector, its ok(clicking), maybe its not squirting?

but yea still not running 2nd. spark and compression ok, no smoke.

could the 12v leak into the ecu earth for the injector have imaged the return in the ecu?

has any one had 4age ecu issues before? also I think older 4age used a bank injection or 2 at a time, is this true? and im guessing as this has 4 individual the newer 20v runs sequential injection?

any ideas appreciated

Swap injector plugs with another cylinder.

If problem moves to the other cylinder then its the plug. If problem stays with the same cylinder then its the injector/something else wrong with that cylinder.

You could also swap injectors after trying the above. Narrow it down etc.

• Like 1

Oh boy. I had a look at this on the weekend. Stumped the hell out of me.

Still had fuel after swapping #1 and #2 injectors with each other. Had spark too.

One thing I did notice is that the brand new spark plug in cyl 2 still looked brand new even after a good cane. Other three indicated normal combustion.

Here's what I checked on the weekend:

- Spark plugs and leads, swapped them around etc, no change. Rerouting the lead from cyl 1 to cyl 2 still resulted in cyl 2 not firing.

- Dizzy cap, changed for another one. Didn't attempt to change the entire dizzy though.

- Injectors, swapped them around, swapped plugs around, no change.

- Opened up plenum, made sure there was no blockage in cyl 2. Throttle was opening fine.

The issue stayed with cyl 2 the entire time.

Before I left I also suggested opening up the ECU to check for blown capacitors.

so you looked at this? I got it sunday

but are you saying you swapped the injectors around and had the same issue?

I found 12v on the earth circuit so im guessing ecu might have received a bad dose and failed that injection sequence

so you looked at this? I got it sunday

but are you saying you swapped the injectors around and had the same issue?

I found 12v on the earth circuit so im guessing ecu might have received a bad dose and failed that injection sequence

With injectors plugged in and ign on you will have 12v on both sides this is normal as the coil in the injector is it at 12v potential un plug all injectors and you will find 12v on only one side

ok so I fixed it yesterday arvo

it had compression, day 1 test.

and yea this had 12v unplugged either side so not normal.

old mate above said he switched plugs around but no change.

but yea I was right, it was the ecu, the earth for no2 has failed so I bridged it to run off 3.

I looked over the net and couldn't get any info on which cylinders bank fired on the 20v.

any way shes a runner

thanks for the support team

• Like 5