kirks two stroke dingy on meth project

KIRK

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with putting a jet unit into a kayak is that it's nearly a jetski but just much shitter in every way.

We spend lots of time out at raglan and have done a bit of fishing from the in laws tandem kayak.. I hate physical effort so would love a small motor on there. thinking electric trolling motor

nah use a weedeater if you want cheap and light and not gay electric. super easy to do just buy a straight shaft commercial thing for reliability and clutch and then bolt a prop onto the end. you can even shorten the shaft etc if you want

also a sweet medium sized weedeater of the commercial variety is like 25cc, weights about fuckall and makes like 1hp. profit. also super reliable can do thousands of hours on those things. maybe a bigger one for more talks tho

edit: I have one of these and they are fucking sweet. so much grunt for a 23cc. 0.8kw and real talky I can cut scrub like a brush cutter. better than a 50cc Chinese engine. I think the worm drive box on the end is pretty well sealed so it wouldn't mind being under water and it would be so easy to bolt a prop onto. shortening the shaft would be just hack saw and then getting a shorter drive thing maybe if its not splined the whole way. you could get one half the length off one of the split shaft models that they make so you can quickly change between attachments

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/outdoor-garden-conservatory/garden-power-tools/weed-eaters/auction-717469777.htm

they have pretty good clutches as well I think it would handle it fine but you could always put on a graphine of whatever it is clutch off the 27cc model. or just weld it and have no clutch

edit: lasts about 45 mins+ at full tit on like 500mls of petrol

edit:

• Like 1

GC-REDCAT-SW20QC-2.jpg

?

im part way thru a deal with a model shop, they want to buy some of my kit sets so maybe I can swap for lots of nitro lol

whats the deal with making a j.a.p. run on nitro? is rc car stuff suitable?

iduno anything about it

I tried google but its just like all twostroke stuff on the internet. A bunch of womble americans talking about expansion chambers and other rubbish

edit: I remember my friends motor bike mechanic brother running a little weedeater engine on rc nitro about 8 years ago. it screamed and shot big ass flames but then it seized. Im sure he ran his rm125 on it as well but hes dead so I cant ask him for advice.

All the womble americans keep saying it wont work cos its made for glow plug engines or something. iduno why that matters but its the internet so it must be true. also I read that its no good for engines with rings but once again I don't trust womble americans.

Whats the diff between rc nitro and drag racing nitro???

maybe I should just goto meremere and buy a couple litres off a drag car edit: do any speedway cars run nitro or just regular methanol or avgas??

Na no speedway nitro.

In theory any engine can run a small mix of nitro with meth. To make shot work with higher % you ae going to have to piss even more in than you do with meth which is hard to do with small carbs. Then your shitty head flys off or something.

yeh my 50 year old head studs are def guna fail lol. I've seen it happen on a victa and that wasn't even that old. will replace when with something stronger.

I think you can get 10% all the way up to 30% mixes?  ima just buy a bottle and see what happens. can't be that hard and I have a big ass carb

vid for thread:

• Like 2

yeh same bolts go all the way down into the crankcase so its the same problem as the head. 60 year old rusty English bolts made out of melted down panzers. ima get something high tensile and new lol

edit: if it breaks then i'll bolt something way more coan onto the leg which will handle the meth better. ie a 100cc techumseh with needle bearings and sweeeeeet ports and capable of 10k rpm. like my velo bike. even has a squish band from the factory and barrel + crankcase are one piece so it wont fly off lol

super square/short stroke as well unlike English and dingo engines. also nickerseal bore instead of cast iron

edit:

modern version of this 30 more years of development and u can get them off lawnmowers at the dump shop

Practice Delmar Sept 26, 2013, VKA vintage karting event. Testing recently completed highly modified AH-82 Power Prouducts (Techumseh today) 1960 era kart racing motor. Dual Tillotson carburetors with pyramid reeds, custom cylinder head, Mega-fire ignition module, ported, tie bar system to contain head, cylinder and crankcase. Kart is a 1960 Fox Go-Boy racing kart. Engine is about 140cc , estimated 15hp at 7,000rpm. Easily passing McCulloch and West Bend vintage kart engines during practice ... but then the cylinder liner fatigued and broke out around the transfer ports, the end of a great ride .. back to the shop.

lol

• Like 1