starion air flow meter switch?

will i am

Huh???

No no no no.

If you are talking about an old vane type airflow meter, big flap that moves a rheostat measuring airflow, there is nothing wrong with them. You're not going to be able to just replace it with a different kind of airflow meter. They are not heavily air restrictive, you wouldn't notice a change if you could find a compatible replacement. 

It's not a switch either. It's not even a sensor really. It's a metering device converting mechanical movement into voltage change.

Ha sweet Mitsi vortex Airflow meter, that's yuck.

You Pod Filter is more yuck.

Aftermarket ECU is the best way to change your configuration and actually net some results. Otherwise I'd just be returning it to original. Manufacturers know best.

the stock AFM would easily out-flow the rest of the restrictive injection system.. if you want more power you can only really do the basics like a better front mount intercooler, more responsive turbo and a larger exhaust. The throttle body injection and original ECU are going to hold you up more than the AFM ever will. You are better off ditching the lot and going to MPI using a modified FWD inlet manifold (or L300 manifold if you can live with an ugly looking manifold that would still be restrictive) and going aftermarket ECU. You could probably even get away with using a VR-4/Evo ECU and loom if you use an appropriate crank trigger (I think the SOHC MPI Galant distributor will work like the VR-4/Evo CAS anyway)