front mounted small alternator

sentra

just currently looking around, if someone knew of something common would be cool.

prefer nose mounting flange if it is even a thing, reason being I (will) have a flat plate on the front of

my engine that the anclillerys bolt to, so I can run a sealed drive easily, if I do it with a modified normal

pivot mount one I end up with a kludge getting sealing nice/easy ugly packers and stuff.

the smaller the better.

monster bearings would also be cooo l

yes and no with the alternator spinning the wrong way ,Yes it will charge but it will get hotter because of the way the fan is designed to run but has seen them work faultless if the are mounted in a location with heaps of airflow and for a small powerfull alternator look at a kabota tractor 60amp internal fan alternator i install  them on race cars all the time

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110961818668?item=110961818668&viewitem=&category=6755&vxp=mtr

or one of these they are permanant magnet type so no wearing parts apart from bearings but are only 15amp

http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/images/Kubota%20Alternator.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah matts ebay one looks about top in the most amount of aspects, do you know if is happy without the charge lamp connected?

everything below the $1000 mark or not massive 24v truck parts are seemingly going to need to have the ears chopped

off and spacers made regardless. there is a 1-wire unit on trademe that otherwise seems the same dimensions but is $365 vs

?? need to work it out. In no hurry so will likely go that way.

Cheers