n00b datsun 280ish question

Sorensin

Hey just pulled a (manual)gearbox off the back of a 280zx engine, it appears there was no spigot bearing there? should there be one? Repco doesn't have a listing and my engine didn't have one, starting to wonder if there should be one?

Assuming some of you experts out there will just know?

Also if there is do any of you pros no a part number?

Thanks

Ok so next n00b question

I have purchased a new rear main seal from repco, looks ery similar or the broken up original one that's been removed, same outer diameter and very similar thickness.

Problem is I don't have a proper measurement of the inner diameter as the original one came apart on the inside while being removed and I can't get the new one over the end of the crankshaft.

So my problem is it appears I have the right seal but I can't get it over the end of the crank, should this be difficult to do or do I have the wrong seal?

cheers!

/ I fail at mechanics

Measurements are usually written on the seal, from memory they are 100mm OD 80mm ID. You might be getting the inner lip stuck? A little bit of engine oil on the inside of the seal and it should slide on reasonably easily.

Repco have never kept the bushes btw, they can get them but don't keep them on the shelf. They usually don't wear much unless something else is wrong so most people are only buying them when doing an auto to manual swap.